Lucerne 2.5 days: Titlis/Stanserhorn/Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2019 at 4:54:11 #824174

Hi All,
    I would be in Lucerne from 24th November (1600hrs) to 26th November (2000hrs).

Please let me know if the below itinerary is possible to be done, especially with the weather conditions.

1. Lucerne lake cruise on 24th November. Are the cruise boats/ships equipped with heating? Also, would it be advisable to do a 1800hrs cruise given the weather?

2. 25th November. Mt. Titlis excursion. I plan to leave from Lucerne by around 0900hrs. By what time can I come back, spending good enough time on top and doing a few activities? Would you suggest I book the tickets right away or can this be done on 25th at the location itself?

3. Depending on when I’m back, please suggest which other place can I visit on 25th?

4. 26th November. I plan to travel to Stanserhorn. What time can I return if I leave from Lucerne by 1000hrs?

5. I need to catch a train by around 2000hrs from Lucerne to Zurich. Is a let evening travel advisable?

I wish to also visit Lauterbrunnen. Please suggest when should I do this.

For the above itinerary, I also plan to buy the 3 day Swiss Travel Pass. Should I buy the pass right away or can I buy it from Basel station on 24th?

Also, once the pass is bought, do I need to make any reservations on the trains which are covered or 50% discount?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

• The thread ‘Lucerne 2.5 days: Titlis/Stanserhorn/Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.