Paris Est to Luzern connection information please

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jadesh
jadesh
31 posts
Jun 7, 2018 - 7:46 AM

Hello Everyone

Could you please help me with the following information

We are taking the train from Paris to Lucerne, via basel. Please provide the information on the plat form change. Or YOu can forward me the website links

23rd June : Train # ICE 9571: Platform number ?????, at 6.40 AM from Paris Est. to Starsbourg

Train # TER96213 , Platform number ?????, at 8.26 Am from Startsbourg at 8.26 AM to Basel

Train # TRN 2467, Platform number ?????, 10.17 AM from Basel to Lucerne

Regards

Jadesh

Lucas
Lucas
9329 posts
expert &
Jun 7, 2018 - 12:08 PM in reply to jadesh

Hi Jadesh,

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to see the connections and details you are looking for: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Enter Paris Est to Luzern on June 23 at 06:40

chandni177
chandni177
55 posts
Jun 7, 2018 - 6:03 PM

Hi Jadesh,

I would also add that once you get off the train on each station, you can spot the screen with the platform information fairly easily, or ask at the information desks in bigger stations. A lot of trains will also display the platform information for connections inside the train, when the stations approach.

Hope that helps!

Gunzel
Gunzel
152 posts
Jun 7, 2018 - 8:51 PM

I would suggest you check the train times (on the SBB site). Something doesn't seem quite right with the times you've quoted.

Enjoy your travels!

jadesh
jadesh
31 posts
Jun 9, 2018 - 12:21 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas , will check on the website

Jadesh

jadesh
jadesh
31 posts
Jun 9, 2018 - 12:24 AM in reply to Gunzel

Thank you Chandni and Gunzel

Will check on SBB. As Gunzel pointed out, the Train # TRN 2467, , 10.17 AM from Basel to Lucerne is not showing up in website. But earlier month I noticed this train on Eurail website. I am not whether it is cancelled for that particular day. Anyway will check on it.

Regards

Jadesh

1960man
1960man
593 posts
top member
Jun 9, 2018 - 12:30 AM

It's a slight detour to go via Strasbourg, as there are direct TGVs Paris - Basel, without the need for a change onto a local French train at Strasbourg

Having said that your itinerary shows up on the pan european train computer so I can understand it

You won't get definitive platform information on French trains as they can vary day to day

The TER train from Strasbourg arrives in Basel SNCF platforms at 10.09. These platforms are slightly remote from the internal Swiss platforms so any late running form France would make the connection tight.

The next Basel - Luzern trains after 10.09 are:

IR2467 at 10.17

EC151 at 11.04

jadesh
jadesh
31 posts
Jun 10, 2018 - 10:39 PM in reply to 1960man

Thank you. The perfect information you provided. I totally agree with you on the connecting from 10.09 train to 10.17 train. It would be very tight .As per the direct TGV train to Luzerns, I left it because it might get affected with strike, and hence to chosen the early morning train.

Please help with the following doubt

1. Train from Paris ESt, 6.40 Am train to Strasbourg (France). On the Eurail website the very first stop is Strasbourg (France) and later train enters into the Germany and again comes back to Strasbourg (France). Please see the attached file. So should we get down at very first stop (before the train enters into Germany, because we do not have Eurail pass for germany, we have only pass for France, Switzerland, Italy). (www.eurail.com/en/plan -your-trip/eurail-timetable( This travels along different stations.

2. The TER train from Strasbourg arrives in Basel SBB platforms # 31 at 10.09. And the next train leaves the Basel SBB from platform # 15 at 10.17 to Luzern. May I know how far these platforms ?,

3. May I know how far these trains are , Basel SBB (France) and Basel SBB (Switzerland) ?.

Regards

Jadesh

Please login to see the attached documents
1960man
1960man
593 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2018 - 11:00 PM in reply to jadesh

The Eurail graphic is a complete mess. Who knows how they managed that! I think somehow the transit points intended for technical not public information have been inadvertantly put in

The TGV Est Europeen high speed railway runs Paris to Strasbourg. Trains going to Germany then go across the Rhine into Germany and continue East.

Your train is first stop Strasbourg at 08.26

To get to Switzerland, get off in Strasbourg main station to connect with the TER Alsace TER200 service to Basel via Mulhouse

All rail services in France are subject to Strikes so you still may have trouble whichever route you are going.

I have already answered your question about connecting from French trains to Swiss trains in Basel SBB. The French tracks (30-35) are separate and that part of the station is currently being redeveloped so walking routes may vary.

Station plan here:

plans.trafimage.ch/bas el-sbb#?lang=en&layer=basel_au ssenplan&x=611410&y=26 6343&r=0.5

(tracks 30 -35 on right hand side of map

Last modified on Jun 10, 2018 - 11:06 PM by 1960man
jadesh
jadesh
31 posts
Jun 11, 2018 - 12:51 PM in reply to 1960man

Thank you so much for the very detailed information. This is very useful .

Regards

Jadesh

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018