Lucerne-Bernese Oberland Dec 2017 suggestions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2017 at 19:07:43 #812409

Hello!!

I and my wife are planning for a 4nights/ 5 days holiday to Lucerne-Bernese Oberland trip during December 3rd week 2017. Please help us to justify with your suggestions for the days of stay in our preliminary plan.

Day 1 – Arrive in Zurich at 13:00 hrs take a train to Lucerne. We plan to visit Chapel Bridge Lucerne and then we would see Mt. Pilatus (any other recommendations to visit in and around Lucerne? how many days to spend here?) After which we intend to see these places around Interlaken (wengen, Lauterbrunnen, Murren, Schilthorn and Junfraujohn).

Kindly help us as we are quite unable to map up our plan and stay for 4 or 5 nights to see the following places. Kindly suggest a base to stay and visit most of these places through day trips.

Are Schilthorn and Junfraujohn being open during the 3rd week of Dec?

Which Swiss pass could cover these regions?

Your suggestions will be very helpful for an exciting trip to Switzerland. Thank you!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 June 2017 at 6:30:24 #865769

Hi Ashu4Chandhu,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps! How many days to spend is a bit difficult to answer as there is so much to do and see in nearly all of Switzerland. You can easily spend two weeks in Lucerne alone. So more days is always the better option, not only to see more but also to be flexible as the weather will be a factor for mountain visits. If you have 5 nights I would spend 2 in Lucerne and 3 in the Jungfrau region or the other way around. An alternative is to stay in one place in between these two regions. I saves you from switching hotels but you’ll have more traveling time. Meiringen and Lungern are options for that approach.

Pilatus, Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch will all be open.

The Swiss Travel Pass covers all of Switzerland including Mount Pilatus, and discounts on the other two.

• The thread ‘Lucerne-Bernese Oberland Dec 2017 suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.