Lucerne, Engelberg and Mt Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 December 2018 at 23:04:22 #819084

Hi all,

i am travelling to Engelberg and Mt Titlis from Lucerne in January with my kids and was seeking some recommendations re some basic travel tips.

My kids have never seen snow and I am thinking sledding would be the best activity for them to participate in at Engelberg & Mt Titlis. So, here are my questions:

1. Do we buy a ticket in Lucerne for our trip all the way up to My Titlis or do we only buy the train tickets to Engelberg and get different tickets up to Mt Titlis when we arrive in Engelberg?
    2. Where is best to do some sledding?
    3. Do we buy the tickets for sledding etc before we come to Switzerland?

Thanks so much in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2018 at 9:39:16 #899829

Hi Jdctaylor and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You can do either option. You’ll need to exchange the ticket bought in Lucerne for a ticket at Engelberg to access the gondola (barcode) I believe.
    2. You can see the Titlis winter sport options here: http://www.titlis.ch/en/adven ture?c=60327
    3. No need, nor is it possible. 🙂
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2018 at 21:24:49 #899830

Good morning Lucas, Thanks so much for the information. Greatly appreciated.

• The thread ‘Lucerne, Engelberg and Mt Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.