Lucerne in August – Help needed with 6 night plan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 11:50:03 #812278

I will be staying in Lucerne from Aug 16-21. I wanted to get ideas on day trips. So far, I have the following trips in mind : Mt Pilatus, Mt Titlis, Interlaken. Any other ideas will be welcome..

I also needed to know if the Tell Pass makes sense for this trip (family of 4 : 2 adults, 2 children 16 & 12)

Thank you..

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 12:49:16 #865171

Hi riyer5, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> I will be staying in Lucerne from Aug 16-21. I wanted to get ideas on day trips. So far, I have the following trips in mind : Mt Pilatus, Mt Titlis, Interlaken. Any other ideas will be welcome..

Please see this page for ideas about what to see and do in Luzern:

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/activities

>> I also needed to know if the Tell Pass makes sense for this trip (family of 4 : 2 adults, 2 children 16 & 12)

There is detailed information about the Tell-Pass here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/te llpass

Make sure to download the map showing where the Tell-Pass is valid, and see how much of your itinerary will be covered by it.

I see you are planning to go to Interlaken. Interlaken itself has little to offer. The real attractions in that area are the lakes (Lake Brienz and Lake Thun), and the Jungfrau Region: the mountains (Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn), the mountain villages (Grindelwald, Wengen, Mürren) and the Lauterbrunnen Valley. Your Tell-Pass would get you to Interlaken, but not to any of the beautiful places in the Jungfrau Region. Furthermore, it is quite a long trip from Luzern.

If your accommodation is not finalised, you could consider breaking up your 6 days between Luzern and Interlaken (or one of the villages mentioned above).

A Swiss Travel Pass might end up meeting your transport needs better, but you will not know for sure until you have decided what trains, buses, boats and cable cars you will be using during your stay. That includes your transport between Luzern and wherever you are entering and leaving Switzerland.

This page can help you with that:

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 17:26:30 #865172

Thanks for the suggestion

• The thread ‘Lucerne in August – Help needed with 6 night plan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.