Lucerne-Interlaken on Golden Pass in the evening

• chandni177
    Participant
    55 posts
    9 April 2018 at 19:16:14 #815234

Hi,

We will be taking the Golden Pass line from Luzern to Interlaken in mid-May in the evening, after spending the day in Luzern. I see there are trains at 5pm and 6pm. Will the 6pm train be too late, and cause us to miss the beautiful scenery? I know sunset would happen around 8:30, but I’m wondering if someone has experience with this segment in the evening.

Thanks!

Chandni

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 April 2018 at 21:14:23 #881775

Sounds like the perfect time for some great photos with the setting sun colouring the landscape.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 April 2018 at 8:43:42 #881776

Hi Chandni,

I would guess that the sun starts to hide behind the mountains in the west around that time. So lots of shadow. Could still be nice depending on what you’re looking for. I have an app called “Sun’s path” that shows the position of the sun at any date, time and location. There are others as well.

• The thread ‘Lucerne-Interlaken on Golden Pass in the evening’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.