Best day trips from Lucerne in July after Wengen

• Cr91958
    Participant
    16 posts
    7 April 2019 at 19:04:18 #820830

Hi all,

My husband and I are spending 2 weeks in Switzerland this July with 3 nights/2 and a half days in Lucerne. We will be coming from Wengen where we will have spent 7 days hiking, daytripping around that area. We will be staying at Hotel des Alpes (our splurge hotel!) so will be able to spend some time walking around and taking in the city sights, old town, etc. My question is about the mountain excursions. I have spent some time researching the various mountains and think am most interested in Rigi and Stanserhorn. We would most definitely enjoy the steamer on the lake which I know we can build into Rigi. Here is my question though-having come from Wengen and having done many hiking/Alpine train/gondola/cable car trips already, will these mountains be a different flavor or more of the same experience. As I said, Rigi and Stanserhorn appeal more to me than Pilatus but I am open to feedback certainly with the comparison to Wengen in mind. Would I have enough time to do 2 mountains and city sights? Any other suggestions for different experiences? Thank you all for your time and valuable input!

• The thread ‘Best day trips from Lucerne in July after Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.