Lucerne, Lauterbrunnen with the Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Laksha
Laksha
5 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 3:28 AM

Hello there,

My husband and I are planning an Europe trip late in October this year. We will be travelling to Swiss from Cinque Terra (Italy). Planning to catch the trains from CT to Luzern (Oct 21), reach by afternoon and stay overnight at Luzern.

Oct 22 -> Leave to Interlaken via the Golden Pass Line and spend 2 nights there - Jungfrauh , Schiltorn.

Oct 24 -> Take the Golden line again to Montreux - Geneva. From Geneva planning to take the TGV train to Paris. --- ( Would this be too much travelling around in the train or should we plan for something else here? )

SInce we are going to spend just 1/2 day in Lucerne, would it make sense to buy a 4-day STP? Are there any other local passes available for just roaming around Lucerne and I take the 3 day STP?

Appreciate your input!

Lucas
Lucas
9329 posts
expert &
Jun 5, 2018 - 11:02 AM in reply to Laksha

Hi Laksha,

If you buy the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days(https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price) you'll only need to buy a ticket from The Cinque Terre to the Swiss border (Chiasso). https://www.myswissalp s.com/traintickets/ita ly/price.

It is a fair bit of train travel. Seeing as you haven't mentioned anything in particular in Lucerne why not skip it? Stay 3 nights around Interlaken - towns like Wengen and Grindelwald are nicer options I think. If you want, make a day trip to Lucerne from there.

Laksha
Laksha
5 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 2:18 PM in reply to Lucas

Okay! But I thought to either visit Lake Lucerne or Mt. Pilatus if its included in the Lucerne Visitor Card and sight see the local places and do the golden pass line from Lucerne to Interlaken next morning .

So as opposed to this, do you recommend a day tour from Interlaken to Lucerne?

Also, which would be the best route to reach Paris ?

Interlaken -> Geneva -> Paris or Interlaken -> Basel -> > Paris

Lucas
Lucas
9329 posts
expert &
Jun 5, 2018 - 7:22 PM in reply to Laksha

If you want to do Lake Lucerne and Mt. Pilatus you could stay in Lucerne or Interlaken - up to you.
It is a bit easier to stay in Lucerne that day but it means another hotel move.

From Interlaken to Paris the quickest route is via Basel

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out your trips: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 6, 2018 - 3:39 AM in reply to Laksha

>> I thought to either visit Lake Lucerne or Mt. Pilatus if its included in the Lucerne Visitor Card

You can find out what is included in the Visitor Card Lucerne here:

visitorcard.luzern.one /

• Pilatus: not included
  • Titlis: not included
  • Rigi: 20% discount on the Rigi trains and cable car (but not on the boat from Luzern to Vitznau)
  • Stanserhorn: 20% discount on round trip to the top of the Stanserhorn from Stans

The card also includes free use of buses and trains (but not boats) within zone 10 of the local public transport system. For the Stanserhorn, that would get you as far as Hergiswil, but you would need a ticket between Hergiswil to Stans (CHF 7.40 return).

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jun 6, 2018 - 3:39 AM by Removed user

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018