Lucerne for 2 days - what must be done?

Lucerne for 2 days - what must be done?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Liverpudlian
Liverpudlian
12 posts
Jul 8, 2018 - 3:26 PM

Will be arriving from Wengen to Lucern on 16th July and will be staying 2 nights.

By then I would have visited Zermatt Matterhorn and Jungfrau from Wengen. I reckon Titlis will be nearer from Lucern. Should I still go up since its all mountain?

What other places are nice to visit in Lucerne?

Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Jul 8, 2018 - 3:54 PM in reply to Liverpudlian

I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record on my replies! Sorry. :)

Our recommendations are here if you haven't seen them yet: https://www.myswissalp s.com/lucerne/activiti es

If you get your fill of mountains on your other trips, a lake cruise on Lake Lucerne (https://www.myswissalp s.com/boatlakelucerne) is always a good idea. You could also visit Rigi, a smaller mountain with lots of good hiking trails: https://www.myswissalp s.com/rigi

Last modified on Jul 8, 2018 - 3:54 PM by Lucas
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4696 posts
expert
Jul 8, 2018 - 5:49 PM in reply to Liverpudlian

<<"What other places are nice to visit in Lucerne?">>

What do you like to do besides look at the scenery?

Slowpoke

bsrastogi72
bsrastogi72
20 posts
Jul 9, 2018 - 11:05 AM

I would recommend MT. Rigi. Hike back for an hour. Take the cable car to Weggis. Then take a boat to Brunnen. Take an appointment at Victorinox Swiss Knife Visitors Valley centre at Brunnen for self assembly of a Victorinox Spartan Swiss knife. If interested, can also book a guided tour but I would recommend knife assembly which you can get engraved and take a lifelong memory with you. On the way back you can take a train or boat as per your choice to Lucerne.

If you are sick of mountains, you can take a whole day tour of the city and/or visit to the Swiss Transport Museum.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4696 posts
expert
Jul 9, 2018 - 1:29 PM in reply to Liverpudlian

Hi Liverpudlian-

<<"What other places are nice to visit in Lucerne?">>

Are you a hiker?

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/the-swiss-path-and-southern-lake-lucerne

Slowpoke

rituparnab
rituparnab
16 posts
Jul 12, 2018 - 5:30 AM

Luzern is not all about Rigi, Pilatus and Titlis. The city itself is beautiful, spend at least 3 days there. Very relaxing, lots of sights, fascinating Old Town walk, the list goes on. The Bourbaki Panorama is a unique painting not to be missed if you have the Swiss Travel Pass. I was impressed how they merged 3D objects with the painting, almost seamlessly. Take a bus and go to another part of the city, spend some time there. When you are tired walking, just people-watch.

Ritu

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4696 posts
expert
Jul 12, 2018 - 7:30 AM in reply to rituparnab

<<"The Bourbaki Panorama is a unique painting not to be missed if you have the Swiss Travel Pass. ">>

Hi Ritu -

Indeed. Any visitor that I have taken to the Bourbaki Panorama from 8 years old to "well-aged" adults has been fascinated.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018