Lucerne > Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2011 at 20:51:42 #804814

hello! i will be going on a tour around europe, for switzerland my tour will be visiting the lion monument and wooden bridge. I’m deciding to skip that and visit titlis instead.

will train tickets be expensive? and how do i get from lucerne to engelberg? i am afriad i’ll get lost. will visiting the alps take up most of my day?

thanks for reading!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 December 2011 at 14:44:04 #834583

Hi riotsarefun! You can search for ticket prices using the Swiss timetable. It allows you to plan your trip as well. Just enter Lucerne as your departure and Engelberg as your arrival station. The Titlis valley station can be reached by foot from the railway station. Signs will guide you there. A trip from Lucerne to the Titlis and back will at least take half a day. It can be combined with a short city visit to Lucerne (including the monument and the bridge) though.

I hope that helps you plan your stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 December 2011 at 20:26:53 #834584

Hi Arno,

May i know what is the best time to leave from Lucerne station to Engelberg station .I want to visit Titlis. I will be in Lucerne end Jan. and hope to finish it early.

Thanks
    David

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 January 2012 at 4:57:00 #834585

Hi David. You can use the timetable to find all possible connections. Just enter Lucerne as your departure station and Kleintitlis as your destination. You can get up there as early as about 9am. Of course it’s wise to check weather forecasts too and then decide which time of the day is best for a visit to the Titlis.

• The thread ‘Lucerne > Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.