Lucerne to Pilatus, if cogwheel not running

Lucerne to Pilatus, if cogwheel not running

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
shalini93
shalini93
2 posts
Mar 21, 2017 - 7:43 AM

Hi Arno and Annika, I will be in Lucerne for 4 nights, from 1st May to 5th May morning. I have the Eurail Select Pass. I wanted to take the round trip to Pilatus from Lucerne that includes the boat ride, cog wheel and the cable car. But I think the cog wheel operate will operate only from 6th May onwards. Which is the best way then to do this trip? Thanks Shalini

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Mar 21, 2017 - 9:18 AM in reply to shalini93

Hi Shalini93 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If the cogwheel isn't running when you are there than you can still take the cable car and gondola up, starting from Kriens just outside of Luzern (local German spelling). You can read more about getting to Mt. Pilatus here.

Regards,
Lucas

shalini93
shalini93
2 posts
Mar 21, 2017 - 9:23 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your prompt response. Is there I can combine Rigi Kulm and Pilatus? Will the Rigi Kulm cog wheel be running in the first week of May?

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Mar 21, 2017 - 2:21 PM in reply to shalini93

Hi Shalini93,

The Rigi cog wheel should be operating yes.

Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus are about 3 hours apart (from peak to peak) so you can't combine them in one visit no. It would be a long day to try and do both, but I suppose possible, in one day. Is that what you meant my combining them?

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017