Lucerne to Pilatus, if cogwheel not running

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 7:43:16 #811145

Hi Arno and Annika, I will be in Lucerne for 4 nights, from 1st May to 5th May morning. I have the Eurail Select Pass. I wanted to take the round trip to Pilatus from Lucerne that includes the boat ride, cog wheel and the cable car. But I think the cog wheel operate will operate only from 6th May onwards. Which is the best way then to do this trip? Thanks Shalini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 9:18:06 #860293

Hi Shalini93 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If the cogwheel isn’t running when you are there than you can still take the cable car and gondola up, starting from Kriens just outside of Luzern (local German spelling). You can read more about getting to Mt. Pilatus here.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 9:23:21 #860294

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your prompt response. Is there I can combine Rigi Kulm and Pilatus? Will the Rigi Kulm cog wheel be running in the first week of May?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 14:21:23 #860295

Hi Shalini93,

The Rigi cog wheel should be operating yes.

Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus are about 3 hours apart (from peak to peak) so you can’t combine them in one visit no. It would be a long day to try and do both, but I suppose possible, in one day. Is that what you meant my combining them?

Lucas

• The thread ‘Lucerne to Pilatus, if cogwheel not running’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.