Lugano air conditioned hotel recommendations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2019 at 14:23:05 #819866

Looking for reasonable hotel that is convenient and air conditioned.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

StevefromHou
    Participant
    145 posts
    10 February 2019 at 16:30:04 #903947

I stayed at the Continental Parkhotel in September 2018. It was in a very good location to the station, go to platform 4 and go to the left and walk to the end of the platform and across the parking lot and you come to the front drive of the Continental Parkhotel. It is a great hotel, seems very old yet maintained very nicely. Excellent property, not sure if you would consider it reasonable or not, but definitely convenient and air conditioned.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2019 at 16:34:06 #903948

Hi Marylou,

I don’t know if you’ve seen it already, but we have a list of hotels we recommend for Lugano here: http://www.myswissalps.com/lu gano/hotels

Danielsan
    Participant
    628 posts
    12 February 2019 at 3:10:28 #903949

Hi Marylou,

I also stayed at the Continental Parkhotel in Lugano in September 2018 and loved it. To echo spaulus69, it is at the south end of the parking lot adjacent to the train station and has air conditioning. It also has a pool on the property, a bunch of picnic tables and a few areas set up with cocktail tables for sitting and enjoying some peace and quiet. The restaurant is top notch and had the breakfast included. Lovely bar area and sitting area just outside the bar. Beautiful building and very professional staff, from the reception area to the wait staff. I will definitely be staying there if I get back to Lugano. Enjoy it if you do go.

Danielsan

kperigo
    Participant
    52 posts
    12 February 2019 at 16:29:26 #903950

We stayed at the Hotel Dante Lugano this past September. It fabulously located at the bottom of the funicular from the train station. Beautiful hotel with great breakfast. No restaurant but old town Lugano is just outside your door. There is AC but we did not use it on our stay.

Have fun. We loved Lugano.

• The thread ‘Lugano air conditioned hotel recommendations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.