About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Lugano air conditioned hotel recommendations
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Lugano air conditioned hotel recommendations

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Marylou
Marylou
4 posts
Feb 10, 2019 - 2:23 PM

Looking for reasonable hotel that is convenient and air conditioned.

spaulus69
spaulus69
105 posts
Feb 10, 2019 - 4:30 PM

I stayed at the Continental Parkhotel in September 2018. It was in a very good location to the station, go to platform 4 and go to the left and walk to the end of the platform and across the parking lot and you come to the front drive of the Continental Parkhotel. It is a great hotel, seems very old yet maintained very nicely. Excellent property, not sure if you would consider it reasonable or not, but definitely convenient and air conditioned.

Lucas
Lucas
10495 posts
top member
Feb 10, 2019 - 4:34 PM in reply to Marylou

Hi Marylou,

I don't know if you've seen it already, but we have a list of hotels we recommend for Lugano here: www.myswissalps.com/lu gano/hotels

Danielsan
Danielsan
191 posts
Feb 12, 2019 - 3:10 AM in reply to Marylou

Hi Marylou,

I also stayed at the Continental Parkhotel in Lugano in September 2018 and loved it. To echo spaulus69, it is at the south end of the parking lot adjacent to the train station and has air conditioning. It also has a pool on the property, a bunch of picnic tables and a few areas set up with cocktail tables for sitting and enjoying some peace and quiet. The restaurant is top notch and had the breakfast included. Lovely bar area and sitting area just outside the bar. Beautiful building and very professional staff, from the reception area to the wait staff. I will definitely be staying there if I get back to Lugano. Enjoy it if you do go.

Danielsan

kperigo
kperigo
52 posts
Feb 12, 2019 - 4:29 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Dante Lugano this past September. It fabulously located at the bottom of the funicular from the train station. Beautiful hotel with great breakfast. No restaurant but old town Lugano is just outside your door. There is AC but we did not use it on our stay.

Have fun. We loved Lugano.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021