About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Lugano, Lavertezzo, Sonogno and Morcote in May
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Lugano, Lavertezzo, Sonogno and Morcote in May

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ninad
Ninad
22 posts
Nov 20, 2019 - 1:23 PM

Hello

Travelling on 03rd May 2020 Como to Lugano and Staying in Lugano for 2 Days , and want to explore Lavertezzo, Sonogno and Morcote can done in one Day? Easy to travel in Bus or Train from Lugano to Lavertezoo , Sonogno and morcote ? Frequency of transport is easy? and from Lugano to go Interlakne But no Direct Train in time table any direct option to go Interlakne with Heavy luggages?

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Nov 20, 2019 - 8:02 PM in reply to Ninad

There is no direct train from Lugano to Interlaken. You would at least need to change once at Luzern.

1960man
1960man
2742 posts
top member
Nov 21, 2019 - 12:15 AM in reply to Ninad

Not very simple to combine your three towns in one day but certainly possible.

Morcote is 25 minutes bus from Lugano bus station:

www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2020/62.431.pdf

Lavertezzo and Sonogno are both in the Val Verzasca, which is very nice (also home to the Contra dam used in James Bond film), but Val Verzasca is near Locarno, so you need to get there first by train from Lugano.

www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2020/62.321.pdf

Gailannski
Gailannski
23 posts
Nov 21, 2019 - 7:26 PM in reply to Ninad

There is a lot to explore in the Verzasca Valley so i would recommend just doing Lavertezzo and Sonogno (and any other stops in the valley) and skip Morcote. When I go to any of the valleys up from Locarno, I prefer to have a pizza in the evening along the lakefront in Locarno before returning to Lugano.

1960man
1960man
2742 posts
top member
Nov 21, 2019 - 11:20 PM in reply to Gailannski

I agree. There is a very good Pizzeria between the station and the lakefront which I used when I stayed at the Ibis Locarno (Locarno is nicer than Lugano in my view)

Anna
Anna
960 posts
top member &
Nov 22, 2019 - 5:40 AM in reply to Ninad

Hi Ninad,

You can certainly explore Lavertezzo and Sonogno in one day. I would recommend staying in or near Locarno for this purpose. Morcote is a bit further and closer Lugano. I assume it would be possible to do a day trip from Locarno and combine it with visit to Lugano and the Swissminiatur, if you wish.

Some useful links for your trip:

Information about travelling with luggages on the train is available from this link: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Nov 22, 2019 - 5:44 AM by Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020