Finding train prices online & Wengen suggestions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 15:37:33 #815932

We’ve gone back and forth between driving/train, but I think we have decided on train. We are taking a car service from Mennagio to Lugano, but we will then take train to Wengen, spend 5 days there and take day trips around the area, and will then end up taking train to Stresa Italy afterwards.

I’m trying to figure out pricing to decide if i should purchase half price card, or swiss pass, or what – but when I search on bahn.de it says we can’t price for you. On SBB it says ticket not available online, purchase your ticket locally.

Can anybody suggest what I should do here? I’m fine purchasing locally, but I’d like to determine prices to see which pass makes sense – or should I just purchase them 1 by 1? There will be 2 of us adults plus a 1 year old.

Also if anybody has any recommendations for day trips near Wengen would love to hear it! thanks very much I appreciate all the help.

• The thread ‘Finding train prices online & Wengen suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.