Finding train prices online & Wengen suggestions

Finding train prices online & Wengen suggestions

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
james8080
james8080
14 posts
May 13, 2018 - 3:37 PM

We've gone back and forth between driving/train, but I think we have decided on trian. We are taking a car service from mennagio to lugano, but we will then take train to wengen, spend 5 days there and take day trips around the area, and will then end up taking train to Stresa Italy afterwards.

I'm trying to figure out pricing to decide if i should purchase half price card, or swiss pass, or what - but when I search on bahn.de it says we can't price for you. On SBB it says ticket not available online, purchase your ticket locally.

Can anybody suggest what I should do here? I'm fine purchasing locally, but I'd like to determine prices to see which pass makes sense - or should I just purchase them 1 by 1? There will be 2 of us adults plus a 1 year old.

Also if anybody has any recommendations for day trips near wengen would love to hear it! thanks very much I appreciate all the help.

Lucas
Lucas
5628 posts
expert &
May 13, 2018 - 7:43 PM in reply to james8080

Hi James,

The Swiss railways timetable should give you all domestic train travel prices without issue. If it is too far in the future search for a closer date (prices won't change unless a Super Saver ticket comes up (marked with % sign on timetable).

Once you have prices, you can use our spreadsheet here to help determine the best rail pass: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

For ideas in Wengen click here.

Last modified on May 21, 2018 - 6:22 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018