Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Lugano, Zermatt & Montreux worth spending 2 days

Lugano, Zermatt & Montreux worth spending 2 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
TMKA
TMKA
28 posts
Dec 10, 2019 - 3:16 PM

We are planning on visiting all of these towns/cities. Which one do you feel that we need to spend more than 2 days at? Thank you!

Steph
Steph
2108 posts
top member &
Dec 10, 2019 - 6:55 PM in reply to TMKA

Hello TMKA,

You can easily spend more than two days at any of the three mentioned destinations. You don't state when you're planning to come to Switzerland, which might have an influence on the available activities per destination:
- www.myswissalps.com/lugano
- www.myswissalps.com/zermatt
- www.myswissalps.com/montreux
- www.myswissalps.com/besttimetovisit

Best,
Steph

rockoyster
rockoyster
8392 posts
expert
Dec 10, 2019 - 9:14 PM in reply to TMKA

Perhaps that question would have been more in context on your original thread.

Short answer. They all are - depending on your interests. In 2017 I enjoyed 5 nights in Lugano. This September I enjoyed 7 nights in Montreux. No trouble filling in the days at either location.

TMKA
TMKA
28 posts
Dec 10, 2019 - 11:21 PM

Hi All- We will be there in mid-September 2020. We are interested in small hikes, sight seeing, (museums- not really), nice meals & just embracing the scenery of a wonderful country. Hope this helps. All the best.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8392 posts
expert
Dec 11, 2019 - 12:30 AM in reply to TMKA

How long you stay in any one place is a very personal decision. Here are a few trip reports to give you some food for thought and perhaps aid your decision making process:

Ildiko
Ildiko
646 posts
top member &
Dec 11, 2019 - 5:57 AM

Hi TMKA,

In my opinion, 2-3 nights is enough for Zermatt, but from Lugano and Montreux you can do great day trips. Especially from Montreux. But this is my personal opinion and you could indeed spend a week at each place if you have unlimited time. How many days do you have altogether?

You'll find a list of hiking routes at www.myswissalps.com/hiking, use the filter to narrow your search to the region you are interested in at also you can set up for easy trails.

For information regarding gastronomy have a look at www.myswissalps.com/aboutswitzerland/culturehistory/food.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020