Luggage storage at the Jungfraujoch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 1:30:40 #816991

Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank the people who commented on my first thread. You guys have helped heaps and Im just fine tuning my trip now 🙂

My query is this. Is there anywhere to store luggage at the peak? My current thought is:

– I arrive at Interlaken Ost ~1400 on the 23rd September. If I stay in Interlaken overnight, could I take my luggage (20kg rucksack/suitcase) up the jungfrau on the 24th, have it held at the peak and then collect for the descending trip, getting off at Grindelward? I plan on then staying in Grindelwald for a couple nights.

Basically I am basing myself in Grindelwald but am wanting to do the ascending trip Interlaken -> Lauterbrunnen -> Jungfraujoch. Then the descending to Grindelwald.

Just trying to best utilise my time. Without double tracking too much.

Louise 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 3:14:02 #889849

Hi Louise,

>> Is there anywhere to store luggage at the peak?

Yes. The Jungfraujoch brochure on the following page has a diagram that shows where the luggage lockers are:

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/prices-and-brochures/

However, Kleine Scheidegg has a baggage service (Mon–Sun 7:30-17:30) and you will go through there in both directions. I would first see if you could leave it there, and only take it all the way up to the Jungfraujoch if it wasn’t possible to leave it at Kleine Scheidegg.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Luggage storage at the Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.