Luggage storage at the Jungfraujoch?

Luggage storage at the Jungfraujoch?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Louise01
Louise01
7 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 1:30 AM

Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank the people who commented on my first thread. You guys have helped heaps and Im just fine tuning my trip now :)

My query is this. Is there anywhere to store luggage at the peak? My current thought is:

- I arrive at Interlaken Ost ~1400 on the 23rd September. If I stay in Interlaken overnight, could I take my luggage (20kg rucksack/suitcase) up the jungfrau on the 24th, have it held at the peak and then collect for the descending trip, getting off at Grindelward? I plan on then staying in Grindelwald for a couple nights.

Basically I am basing myself in Grindelwald but am wanting to do the ascending trip Interlaken -> Lauterbrunnen -> Jungfraujoch. Then the descending to Grindelwald.

Just trying to best utilise my time. Without double tracking too much.

Louise :)

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 3:14 AM in reply to Louise01

Hi Louise,

>> Is there anywhere to store luggage at the peak?

Yes. The Jungfraujoch brochure on the following page has a diagram that shows where the luggage lockers are:

www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/prices-and-brochures/

However, Kleine Scheidegg has a baggage service (Mon–Sun 7:30-17:30) and you will go through there in both directions. I would first see if you could leave it there, and only take it all the way up to the Jungfraujoch if it wasn't possible to leave it at Kleine Scheidegg.

Alpenrose

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018