Luggage locker at rail station in Filisur & Aigle?

• Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    15 August 2018 at 16:25:56 #817898

Hello Forum. I am traveling in September and want to hike to the Landwasser Viadukt from the Fililur rail station on way to Chur. I would like to know if there are lockers at the Filisur station to leave a larger suit-case while taking only a back-pack with me. If not I am unable to hike with the larger suitcase. I would also like to hike down to the area below the viaduct. Is the walk/hike to the below area different from walking to the area’s above? About the same distance? Is one viewing area better than the other? Also, I am traveling from Zermatt to Montreux and want to visit the Glacier 3000/Peak Walk on the way. Is there a locker area at either Aigle train station, or at the valley station of Glacier 3000 to put the same larger suitcase? So I am able to see the Peak Walk carrying only my back-pack?

Als

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2018 at 7:20:59 #894287

Hi Als and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can find locker and other station information on the SBB link on our luggage page: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Filisur has no lockers but does have a left luggage office: http://www.rhb.ch/en/service-souvenirs/contact/cont act-stations/detail/filisu r#highlights

Aigle station does have lockers though.

I haven’t hiked to the viadukt – http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/filisur-wiesen

The main hike from Filisur takes you to a viewpoint over the viadukt but you can also hike down from what I’ve read but to have good hiking boots for steeper sections.

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    17 August 2018 at 16:39:25 #894288

Lucas,

Thank you for info on luggage lockers. Much appreciated,

Danielsan

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    20 August 2018 at 2:00:26 #894289

Hi Lucas.

In regards to a question of insects I saw posted: Should one worry about tics in the Wengen/Lauterbrunnen area in mid September? Is it safe to hike around in short pants? I also have a few questions I’d like to ask.

1 Can one see both the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, and the Gornergrat in one day? I do not plan on any ski activities, just basically sight-seeing/photographing, etc,

2. I would like to see the sunrise in Zermatt, is there access to get to Sunnega early enough in the morning? If not, where is a good place to see it from? I plan on doing these both in early/mid Sept. Thank for any input out there.

Danielsan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2018 at 17:25:02 #894290

Tics are a concern in Switzerland. I’d wear hiking pants to be safe.

1. Yes, it is possible. Gornergrat is right across the zermatt train station, Klein Matterhorn (aka Glacier Paradise) is further away but possible. If the lifts are all operating you can make your way across without returning to town. Check when you are there for the route if open.
    2. No nothing starts up until 7am (Gornergrat). You can stay up on Gornergrat though.
    Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    22 August 2018 at 1:26:13 #894291

Thank you Lucas in regards to the tics, (will heed your advice,) and Zermatt. Unfortunately though, I already have a hotel booked so I won’t be staying on the Gornergrat to see the sunrise. Maybe on another trip to the Alps. I will definitely look into going to the Gornergrat, and go to Kleine Matterhorn from there. Sounds like that should take up a major part of my day there. Thank you again.

Danielsan

• The thread ‘Luggage locker at rail station in Filisur & Aigle?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.