Luggage lockers in Swiss train stations

• MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    13 December 2018 at 14:33:43 #819176

Hello,

I’m planning to you use the luggage lockers at some stations in Switzerland during my travel there. In stations such as Zürich HB or Bern, there are a lot of luggage lockers available. But do you think I should rely on the availability of lockers in smaller stations, such as Interlaken Ost or Brienz? If there are no lockers available, what shall I do?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2018 at 19:34:33 #900347

Hi Miguel,

Are you needing luggage lockers that often on your trip? Are you able to head to your hotel that day before check-in to leave luggage perhaps?

In order to see which stations have storage lockers (or left luggage offices) you can check with the Swiss railways website (website link here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage)

MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    14 December 2018 at 9:44:13 #900348

Well, of course it is not every day. In Lucerne, Basel and other cities, I can head to the hotel and take my luggage.

My problem is in Interlaken, as I am staying in Grindelwald and I want to explore the region around Lake Brienz before heading to Lucerne. So I will neeed to leave my luggage at Interlaken.

Anyway, thank you very much again for your help. This forum has been very useful for my planning.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2018 at 10:08:27 #900349

No problem at Interlaken Ost. There are lockers and a bag office at that station!

Ashraf907
    Participant
    47 posts
    14 December 2018 at 10:32:13 #900350

What about Thun station? Also have bag office to leave few luggages?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2018 at 10:55:47 #900351

You can find those details for any train station in Switzerland on my link on my first reply.

Click on the 2nd link under “more on other websites”. Type in the train station on the SBB page that pops up and scroll down to the “equipment and lockers” heading.

• The thread ‘Luggage lockers in Swiss train stations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.