Luggage services at Grindelwald BGF?

Luggage services at Grindelwald BGF?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
rikengop
rikengop
7 posts
Aug 11, 2017 - 7:53 AM

Hi,

During our 8 day swiss tour, on the last day we plan to check out from our AirBNB accomodation in Vor Dem Holz and travel to First before going to Zurich for our return flight early morning the next day.

We have to following queries:

We understand that from Vor Dem Holz we have to go to Grindelwald BGF to take a cable car to First. Is this correct?

Also the second question is - Since we would be going to First after checking out, we would be having our luggage along. Is there any luggage deposit service in Grindelwald BGF? If not, can you also suggest some alternatives where i can deposit my luggage before enjoying the various activities in First.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
3365 posts
expert &
Aug 11, 2017 - 9:48 AM in reply to rikengop

Hi rikengop,

Yes that is how you get to First. Grindelwald station has baggage service and lockers for you. Grindelwald Grund also has a luggage office. I don't believe Grindelwald bgf has any services though - it is just a gondola station.

You can find luggage information on our luggage page here. There is a link there for "rail station services and opening hours" for SBB that you can use to search for all rail stations in Switzerland and what they offer.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 11, 2017 - 9:48 AM by Lucas
rikengop
rikengop
7 posts
Aug 11, 2017 - 10:02 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks for your reply.

Just one more quick one....which is the closest train station that can be reached walking from grindelwald bgf where i can go and deposit luggage before starting the cable car journey from grindelwald bgf?

Another question was on the first flyer, jus wanted to check how do we get back to the top after taking the ride down on the flyer?

Lucas
Lucas
3365 posts
expert &
Aug 11, 2017 - 12:25 PM in reply to rikengop

I would probably do the First Flyer on your way down the mountain. But you can take the gondola back up from Schreckfeld if you wanted to.

Grindelwald train station in the closest to bgf...about a 15 minute walk.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017