Luggage services at Grindelwald BGF?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 7:53:12 #812918

Hi,

During our 8 day swiss tour, on the last day we plan to check out from our AirBNB accomodation in Vor Dem Holz and travel to First before going to Zurich for our return flight early morning the next day.

We have to following queries:

We understand that from Vor Dem Holz we have to go to Grindelwald BGF to take a cable car to First. Is this correct?

Also the second question is – Since we would be going to First after checking out, we would be having our luggage along. Is there any luggage deposit service in Grindelwald BGF? If not, can you also suggest some alternatives where i can deposit my luggage before enjoying the various activities in First.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 9:48:22 #868182

Hi rikengop,

Yes that is how you get to First. Grindelwald station has baggage service and lockers for you. Grindelwald Grund also has a luggage office. I don’t believe Grindelwald bgf has any services though – it is just a gondola station.

You can find luggage information on our luggage page here. There is a link there for “rail station services and opening hours” for SBB that you can use to search for all rail stations in Switzerland and what they offer.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 10:02:45 #868183

Thanks for your reply.

Just one more quick one….which is the closest train station that can be reached walking from grindelwald bgf where i can go and deposit luggage before starting the cable car journey from grindelwald bgf?

Another question was on the first flyer, jus wanted to check how do we get back to the top after taking the ride down on the flyer?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2017 at 12:25:47 #868184

I would probably do the First Flyer on your way down the mountain. But you can take the gondola back up from Schreckfeld if you wanted to.

Grindelwald train station in the closest to bgf…about a 15 minute walk.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Luggage services at Grindelwald BGF?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.