Luggage storage at train station Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 December 2017 at 17:27:11 #813853

We are taking a River Cruise out of Basel in September but will be visiting Switzerland for 9 days.

We will arrive Switzerland at the Basel airport but do not want to store the luggage there since our cruise departs from Basel not the Airport we would like to store a large suitcase at the Basel Train Station for the 9 days while we are visiting.

I’m sure they have storage at the train station but I can not find any information of how big is the available lockers and how long you are allowed to store.

We will be staying in Basel on the last day before boarding the cruise and tried to see if any of the Hotels near the train station would store the suit case but none have the space to keep a suit case for that long. They would store them for maybe a day but not 8 days.

Traveling Spain for 21 days last year we were going to do the same since we were coming back to the US on a transatlantic and found out they did not have a large storage and the time limit was approximate for 15 days. We rented a room at the Marriott and they were able to store it.

The suitcase is the standard 28″ (28″ tall x 18″ wide x 11″ deep) or (711 x 457 x 279)

We are traveling with another couple and they would like to do the same.

We would appreciate any input, Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 December 2017 at 17:46:46 #873113

Hi Alfonso,

Please check the below threads as these forum visitors asked the same question:

I hope this answers your question.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 December 2017 at 15:43:18 #873114

Hi Alfonso-

I rechecked the link in my post in one of the other threads provided.

It does not seem to lead to the baggage information.

Some of the information available in the latest update of the SBB website is incomplete or confusing.

For example, for the Basel Station, there is an icon with an umbrella and a tag. It leads to “Lost Property Service.”

When I pursued that with the SBB, they noted that those hours are the same for “Left Luggage.” Same office.

Now, I find that if I open the box labelled “Search Shops and Services” it shows “Baggage” and Also “Left Luggage Offices” if you first click on the term “SBB Services (16)”

Still no prices or locker sizes with those listings. ;-(

Also, I just figured out how to find the data on lockers. Under Stations and Services scroll down the main page for Basel Station (the one with the picture of the station).

There is a station map (Location and Plan). Scroll down further below that plan, to “Equipment and Mobility at the Station”

Under that heading, you can find an entry for Lockers.

Your bag will easily fit in a “Large” size.

However, if you leave it in a locker longer than a few days…I recall 72 hours….it is removed and taken to the Left Luggage office. So, you might as well find that and check your bag. There is a fee for each day. They open at 0800 on weekdays and 0900 on weekends, and remain open until 1900.

Prices are listed fir the different sizes… 6 to 9 CHF per day.

Probably similar for the Left Luggage office, no matter what the size.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 December 2017 at 16:21:46 #873115

Thank you for the information Slowpoke.

I tried the link also and found the same issue and since I’m traveling did not have time to research.

I will be home in a couple of days and will check it out.

Regards

Alfonso

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 December 2017 at 16:34:09 #873116

Hi everyone,

Here’s the link to Basel SBB station, look under “Equipment and mobility”: http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations/basel-sbb-station.html

• The thread ‘Luggage storage at train station Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.