Luggage storage in the Jungfrau region

• robgrish
    Participant
    5 posts
    15 June 2022 at 13:32:36 #827504

Hi. Thanks for the help thus far in our trip. We check out of our Wengen vacation rental tomorrow morning, and then have a few hours until we can check into our Murren vacation rental. We are thinking about taking the Lake Brienz ferry to Giessbach Falls, but we need to figure out what to do with our luggage. One option is to leave it at the Lauterbrunnen train station before heading to Interlaken Ost. Does anyone know if we need to make a reservation to do that, or can we just show up? Another option is to take the ferry from Brienz instead. I read an article that said you can store your luggage at that tourist info office for free. Does anyone know if that is true? Thanks in advance for the help, and I’m open to other suggestions as well.

Robert

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2022 at 13:53:40 #943241

Hi Robert,

It is not possible to reserve a locker. As far as I know the size of the lockers (Lauterbrunnen station) is 31.7 x 61.5 x 75.0 (in cm W x L x D). You can contact them via phone 033 828 70 38 . The opening hours are 06:50 – 18:00 every day.

Yes, Brienz tourist info has free luggage storage option, while the office is open. You can contact them if you want: Phone: +41 33 952 80 80, E-mail: info@brienz-tourismus.ch

Have a wonderful sty in Mürren,

Ildiko

Read more about the luggage options if you are traveling by train: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage

• The thread ‘Luggage storage in the Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.