Luggage storage services – Zurich Airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2018 at 5:35:13 #814365

HI,

We will be traveling to Switzerland in June 2018 and later to the US. We would like to store some of our bags (that we don’t need in Switzerland) at the Zurich airpot. I understand that luggage storage facilities are available at both the Zurich airport and the train station at the zurich airport. My queries are:

1) Where can i find information about the luggage storage facilities at the Zurich Airport/train station.

2) Does anyone know the cost of these services?

3) Can the lockers be booked in advance? How can i do that? Is there a website for the same?

4) If i do not book the lockers in advance, generally are they easily available, given that June is a busy season for tourists? What do you recommend?

Looking forward to getting some help in this regard.

Thanks, Nupur

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2018 at 8:04:00 #876307

Hi Nupur,

You can find details on luggage services on our website here.

Zurich airport has lockers as well as a left baggage office (for longer than 24 hours).

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 February 2018 at 9:10:12 #876308

Hi nupur –

There are a lot of lockers, and I don’t recall ever finding none available at either location in 28 years of traveling to Switzerland.

However, the largest size is sometimes scarce at Zürich main station.

Goods left in lockers for a certain period of time….maybe 72 hours…..are transferred to the left luggage office, where they accrue a daily storage fee. The left luggage office is also your option if you can’t find a locker.

June is not a really busy season. July and especially August are the busiest. In the high Alps, early June is still “low season.”

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Luggage storage services – Zurich Airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.