Luggage transfer options - Geneva to Murren

Luggage transfer options - Geneva to Murren

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
noribf
noribf
12 posts
Jul 12, 2017 - 2:09 AM

We need to get our luggage to Murren from either Geneva or Kanderstag. We will be taking a train from Geneva to Kanderstag to start a trek to Murren and would like to have our luggage moved to Murren. We will have a 8 day flexi rail pass. I am very confused about the rules and methods. Will we be able to do this? If not, are there any suggestions on how to get our luggage to Murren?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3401 posts
expert
Jul 12, 2017 - 5:36 AM in reply to noribf

Hi noribf and Welcome to MySwissAlps

Have you read the information on the SBB website at www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage/luggage/luggag e.html ?

Basically if you left your luggage at Geneva Station before 7pm on day 1 you could collect it at Mürren after 9:00am on day 3.

There is an Express Service which offers drop off before 9am and collection on the same day after 6pm. See www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage/luggage/expres s-luggage.html You need to check the hours of operation of the stations fit in with your needs. Geneva would be no problem.

It's all explained here as well www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Happy hiking!

Last modified on Jul 12, 2017 - 5:39 AM by rockoyster
noribf
noribf
12 posts
Jul 12, 2017 - 2:27 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you. So I can book Geneva to Murren, get off in Kanderstag and pick up my luggage in Murren after the trek? I figure I have to pay for a few extra days of storage if there is a five day delay. I would not use express....

hockeyfan
hockeyfan
16 posts
Jul 12, 2017 - 3:44 PM

Murren will store your luggage for 4 days after receiving it, for free. After that it is 5 CHF per day. It sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. This is a great service that we have used many times. And, yes, aboslutely no need for express.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3401 posts
expert
Jul 12, 2017 - 9:22 PM in reply to noribf

Hi noribf,

If you are using a day from your Swiss Travel Pass Flex to get from Geneva to Kandersteg then I don't believe you need to book anything. Your pass is proof enough that you have the ability to travel from Geneva to Mürren.

noribf
noribf
12 posts
Jul 12, 2017 - 9:25 PM

thanks to both of you.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018