Luggage transfer options – Geneva to Murren

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2017 at 2:09:20 #812595

We need to get our luggage to Murren from either Geneva or Kanderstag. We will be taking a train from Geneva to Kanderstag to start a trek to Murren and would like to have our luggage moved to Murren. We will have a 8 day flexi rail pass. I am very confused about the rules and methods. Will we be able to do this? If not, are there any suggestions on how to get our luggage to Murren?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 July 2017 at 5:36:51 #866694

Hi noribf and Welcome to MySwissAlps

Have you read the information on the SBB website at http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage/luggage/luggag e.html ?

Basically if you left your luggage at Geneva Station before 7pm on day 1 you could collect it at Mürren after 9:00am on day 3.

There is an Express Service which offers drop off before 9am and collection on the same day after 6pm. See http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage/luggage/expres s-luggage.html You need to check the hours of operation of the stations fit in with your needs. Geneva would be no problem.

It’s all explained here as well http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Happy hiking!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2017 at 14:27:46 #866695

Thank you. So I can book Geneva to Murren, get off in Kanderstag and pick up my luggage in Murren after the trek? I figure I have to pay for a few extra days of storage if there is a five day delay. I would not use express….

hockeyfan
    Participant
    162 posts
    12 July 2017 at 15:44:20 #866696

Murren will store your luggage for 4 days after receiving it, for free. After that it is 5 CHF per day. It sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. This is a great service that we have used many times. And, yes, aboslutely no need for express.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 July 2017 at 21:22:12 #866697

Hi noribf,

If you are using a day from your Swiss Travel Pass Flex to get from Geneva to Kandersteg then I don’t believe you need to book anything. Your pass is proof enough that you have the ability to travel from Geneva to Mürren.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2017 at 21:25:38 #866698

thanks to both of you.

• The thread ‘Luggage transfer options – Geneva to Murren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.