Train luggage transfer - Geneva to Mürren

Train luggage transfer - Geneva to Mürren

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
noribf
noribf
12 posts
Jul 16, 2017 - 11:32 PM

I will be traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass by train from Geneva Airport to Kandersteg, but want to have luggage delivered to Murren station where I will arrive after a trek. I\ Is this possible?

thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
2814 posts
expert &
Jul 17, 2017 - 6:08 AM in reply to noribf

Hi Noribf,

Yes, you can have your luggage shipped with SBB to Murren. They hold luggage up to 4 days and then start charging 5chf per day after that.

You can read more about luggage service on the SBB trains here.

Lucas

rockoyster
rockoyster
628 posts
top member
Jul 17, 2017 - 11:01 AM in reply to noribf
noribf
noribf
12 posts
Aug 2, 2017 - 9:02 PM in reply to rockoyster

If I understand it right, I can send my luggage on to Murren with basic luggage service from Geneva and then pick it up in Murren seven days later, paying the fee for extra days. What confuses me is the paid service versus the basic luggage service. Do I just show my pass and Kandersteg ticket at the train station (where) and the luggage gets sent on for no fee until the extra day fee. Sorry to be so baffled, but not quite sure and can't imagine carrying a suitcase to the hiking huts!

rockoyster
rockoyster
628 posts
top member
Aug 2, 2017 - 9:13 PM in reply to noribf

Hi noribf,

Your understanding is correct.

There is no "free" luggage forwarding service. There is a regular service which will be available for collection at Mürren on the second day after you lodge it at Geneva Station. There is also an express service which costs more for same day delivery but is irrelevant to you given your hiking plans.

Just take your bag to the luggage service counter at Geneva and they will help you.

Happy hiking!

noribf
noribf
12 posts
Aug 2, 2017 - 9:16 PM

Thank you so much for your clarification and time. Now I can just carry my back back through glorious Switzerland. nori

rockoyster
rockoyster
628 posts
top member
Aug 2, 2017 - 9:30 PM in reply to noribf

You're welcome. Have a wonderful trip Nori. ;-)

Last modified on Aug 2, 2017 - 9:31 PM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017