Luggage transport and Wifi pickup at post office

• Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    4 April 2017 at 16:38:55 #811278

I see there is luggage service to send your bag to another station after 2 days. However, there are few stations that list luggage check-in services. Most of them say only “baggage”. Is this the same thing? Also, do any of the stations have a post office? I am trying to figure out how to rent a pocket wifi. It cannot be sent to the first campground I am staying at, and I want to use it before I get to the larger place that can accept it in the mail.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2017 at 7:00:03 #861022

Hi Debra,

Yes, luggage and baggage are the same thing.

Not all train stations with have a post office (Die Post) but you can search here.
    You can have the TravelersWiFi sent to a Die Post for sure, and drop it in any mailbox when you’re done with it.

Lucas

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    5 April 2017 at 18:35:00 #861023

What is the difference between pick post and post finance?

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 April 2017 at 19:13:47 #861024

Hi Debra,

PickPost are locations (I don’t think they’re all staffed) to collect and drop off mail and parcels. PostFinance is a bank. Are you asking this to collect the TravelersWifi? If so you’d better pick a post office, or one of the other options (any address with a letterbox will work). Please see http://www.travelerswifi.com for details.

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    5 April 2017 at 23:02:50 #861025

Yes thanks that is what I was wanting. It looks like I won’t be able to pick it up until I reach lauterbrunnun at the tourist office. I can drop it off st one of those pick post locations?

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 April 2017 at 9:50:58 #861026

I’m not sure if you can drop it there but in any case it’s much easier to drop it in any mailbox. You’ll find them anywhere throughout the country, no matter how tiny the village is. An image of what they look like is attached. A sticker with a return address and a box is included when you receive your TravelersWifi.

• The thread ‘Luggage transport and Wifi pickup at post office’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.