Luzern boat ride to Vitznau and cog wheel train

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
charwinelove
charwinelove
53 posts
May 8, 2018 - 9:30 PM

Hello,

We have a Swiss Travel Pass and want to take a boat ride during our stay on July llth and l2th. Do we need a reservation for the boat ride and if yes where do we make this reservation? If we want to take the cog wheel train up and back I understand we take the boat from Luzern to Vitnau. Is the cog wheel train reservation needed with STP and if yes where do we book that reservation please?

Is this a boat return reservation needed fromVitnau to Luzerne?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
May 8, 2018 - 11:23 PM in reply to charwinelove

You don’t need any reservations for boat or cog-wheel. For boat just hop on. At Vitznau show your STP at Rigi ticket office to get free ticket.

You can also go up via Vitznau and come down to Arth-Goldhau and return to Luzern by train. Or down via Rigi Kaltbad and cable car to Weggis and return by boat.

Or any permutation of the above routes you like.

charwinelove
charwinelove
53 posts
May 9, 2018 - 12:03 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you for your response. Might you share where I get the timetable information for the boat and the cog wheel please.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
May 9, 2018 - 12:21 AM in reply to charwinelove

The SBB Timetable will provide timetable information for nearly all forms of transport in Switzerland. Or Rigi timetable is here and Lake Lucerne boats here.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5163 posts
expert
May 9, 2018 - 1:26 AM in reply to charwinelove

<<"Thank you for your response. Might you share where I get the timetable information for the boat and the cog wheel please">>

Exactly the same place as discussed here:

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/map-of-train-platforms

The SBB timetable.

Slowpoke

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018