Luzern-Interlaken 4 night trip plan help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 14:42:23 #815577

Me and My wife traveling in Mid May 2018

2 night Luzern / 2 night interlake / 1 night zurich (cause we have our return flight from zurich)

Will Cover following:

Day 1: Arrive in Luzern. Will do sight seeing and river cruise

Day 2: Mt. Titlis. Will it be possible to cover Mt.Rigi also ?

Day 3: Will directly go to Mt.Jungfrau after checking in at interlaken hotel. Hope this is possible?

Day 4: Pls advise what can be covered. Shall i take golden pass route and visit geneva / montreaux or visit lake side Thun. Or any other Train journey

Day 5: In Zurich only

Hope above is fine. If anything to be added / removed kindly guide.

More worried about Day 4 as to what can be covered ?

Thanks

Pallav

India

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 23:21:09 #883461

Hello Pallas: I am giving some suggestions about the itinerary , which can help you to make most of ur time in Switzerland.

Day 1: arrive in Luzern. After check in you go for mount Rigi or Pilatus. Both include a lake cruise plus lifts and fenicular.

Day 2: Visit Mount Titlis after breakfast . In the evening you can explore Luzern . Famous Chapel bridge is close to station and also the Musseg wall . you can take a bus towards Lion monument. Search online information for these attractions .

Day 3: Leave early morning for Interlaken. The route from Luzern to Interlaken covers first part of Golden pass line , very senic & beautiful. After check in you can visit Jungfrau. Always confirm the weather updates before visiting mountain tops like jangfru and Titlis . Clear weather gives the best views of alps. This hardly takes half of a day . U can get lake Thun or Brienz cruise or enjoy lakeside views in Interlaken . There is a town on a short train ride ( Lauterbrunnen) full of waterfalls . When u come back from jangfru u can you take a different route on ur way back ( check online for jangfrujoch routes)and can explorer this town as well .

Day 4: Take golden pass line from Interlaken to Montreux with one change at Zweisimmen. Need to reserve seats at this route . Very beautiful . U can have a short cruise at lake Geneva in Montreux or enjoy a lake side walk.

Check the train timings and seat reservations online. Leave early morning, so that u can spent 2-3 hours at Montreux and come back to Interlaken through same route .

Day 5 : arrive in Zurich. After check in u can visit Schafhausen Rhine water falls . Which is 45-60 mins train ride from Zurich . A short boat trip will enhance ur wonderful experience of plain water falls . Zurich city is metropolitan. U can visit town centre / ride trams or explore lake Zurich . Luzern , Interlaken and Rhine falls can remind you about many Bollywood movies senes . I hope this post will help to explore more .

Swiss travel pass is a nice option to travel free in between and get discount 50% at Titlis and also a jangfrujoch ( Donot remember the discount rate here ) try to search more information about the towns and excursions u can make most of . This suggested itinerary can be helpful to make ur own personal one. Regards iffat

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 14:22:35 #883462

thank you.

On day 3 after check in , it would be afternoon and visit to jungfrau in afternoon would be worth ? i don’t know if at all it would be cloudy?

Instead on Day 3 after check in can i take golden pass line at 1 pM to visit montreaux and geneva ?

In that case on Day 4 i can cover jungfrau in morning and evening sight-seeing at lake thun or cruise

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 19:17:11 #883463

Hi Pallavjain,

No idea if it would be cloudy. Check the weather and webcams upon arrival. More about Swiss weather can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/we ather.

The Golden Pass line stops in Montreux (3.5 hours from Interlaken). I wouldn’t go to Geneva.

• The thread ‘Luzern-Interlaken 4 night trip plan help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.