Luzern to Innsbruck with Swiss Travel Pass

• Vlau7772
    Participant
    7 posts
    2 August 2022 at 2:04:12 #827948

My family are traveling from Luzern to Innsbruck, Austria on Aug 28th.

I search both SBB and OBB sites for cross border travel and they both offer similar routes and prices. We will also have a STP with us but it would be our last day, would we then need to pay the fares from Luzern to Zurich HB?

Also does anyone know of a similar site as this one to plan my trip in Austria? This site has been a lifesaver for my trip planner in Switzerland!

Vincent

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6376 posts
    2 August 2022 at 13:37:57 #945052

Hi Vincent,

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass, you can travel for free on Swiss public transport and this includes the trip from Lucerne to the Austrian border enroute to Innsbruck. You will only need tickets for the Austrian leg of your journey. Depending on which connection you take, this could be from Buchs AG to Innsbruck. For information about point-to-point tickets to Austria, have a look at this link: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/austria.

I’m not aware of any travel site similar to MySwissAlps which is focused on Austria. But I’m sure the Internet has lots of resources.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Luzern to Innsbruck with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.