Luzern to Lugano on Tell Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 17:46:04 #812339

Hello

Nee your help to understand if I can do a day trip to Lugano from Luzern. I am planning to buy Tell pass.

How much of the journey could be covered in Tell Pass?

Thanks in advance

Stuti

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 June 2017 at 1:18:55 #865493

Hi Stuti-

<<“Nee your help to understand if I can do a day trip to Lugano from Luzern.”>>

You can.

To understand timing and options, the timetable is a valuable tool:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

<<“I am planning to buy Tell pass. How much of the journey could be covered in Tell Pass?”>>

I am not an expert on rail passes, and I leave that to Arno and Annika. However, when I have such questions, I also use the search function on the website. That led me to this. Likely, it will help:

http://www.myswissalps.com/te llpass

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 10:01:36 #865494

Hi Stuti,

Have a look at Slowpoke’s links to plan the trip.

The Tell Pass covers that trip until Göschenen, so via the old route, not the new tunnel. If you travel this route you will need a ticket from Göschenen to Lugano.

If you want to travel via the new tunnel (no scenery but much faster) it would be more expensive. I believe you would only be covered until Arth-Goldau.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Luzern to Lugano on Tell Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.