Advanced purchase needed for Mt. Rigi?

Advanced purchase needed for Mt. Rigi?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
lupita
lupita
2 posts
Jan 25, 2018 - 6:08 AM

with the combined tickets of boat-rail from luzern to vitznau- mt rigi are advanced purchase required?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3395 posts
expert
Jan 25, 2018 - 7:07 AM in reply to lupita

Hi lupita and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

No, advanced purchase is not necessary.

What are your travel plans overall? Have you considered some sort of travel pass?

lupita
lupita
2 posts
Jan 26, 2018 - 11:06 PM in reply to rockoyster

thanks for the reply-

i am not sure my travel plans would validate usege of a pass, cost of the pass may be more than actual train expenses?? My plans are in mainly in luzern region, ski for some days and visit luzern lake area as well.

thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
3395 posts
expert
Jan 26, 2018 - 11:23 PM in reply to lupita

Hello lupita,

I'm not sure when you are travelling but I guess if you plan to ski then it is in winter.

If you are based in Luzern area I's strongly recommend looking at the Tell Pass WInter (www.myswissalps.com/te llpasswinter) pretty much every transport option around Luzeern is covered. There is also a Tell Pass Summer (www.myswissalps.com/te llpass).

You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

Last modified on Jan 26, 2018 - 11:24 PM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018