Luzern Visitor Card - what's included?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sukhi
Sukhi
5 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 3:26 AM

Hi,

I find your website really helpful for my first visit to Switzerland. My family of 4 (kids 7 and 1.5 yrs) is planning to stay in switzerland for 8 days. I am planning to buy the swiss pass for 4 days with promotion 5 th day free. My plan is to go to below places

Day 1 - Milan to Montreux

Day 2 - Zermatt, Chillon castle

Day 3 - Golden pass train to Wengen

Day 4 - Top of Europe

Day 5 - Wengen to Luzern and Pilatus

Day 6 - Mount Rigi

Day 7 - Mount Titlis (still debating)

Day 8 - Luzern to Zurich and visit Rhine falls

Day 9 - departure from Zurich airport hotel airport transfer

My question is that if I use the swiss pass for 5 days that will help me cover a lot of area via train until I visit Pilatus. I am not sure whether we will be going to Mt Titlis. I know in Luzern area you get a free visitor card to travel in the area when you book the hotel. Will I be able to use the visitor card to go from Luzern to Zurich free of charge? also will I be able to use the visitor card to go from Luzern to Engelberge If I decide to go to Titlis and From Luzern to Rigi Kaltbad free of charge upto the cable car area?.

Would really appreciate your help as not much information available on the visitor card for Luzern.

Thank you

Sukhi

rockoyster
rockoyster
4069 posts
expert
Jun 25, 2018 - 3:38 AM in reply to Sukhi

Hello Sukhi and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Where did you read about the "free visitor card" for the Luzern area.

I know that some hotels bundle a Winter Tell Pass with bookings but I've not heard of a free visitor pass.

Arno
Arno
11560 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2018 - 6:41 AM

Hi Sukhi,

I guess you found out about the Visitor Card here: www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/travel. If you click the link under "More on other websites" you'll get all the details. The card only covers traveling within the city and adjacent villages, not all the way to Engelberg or Zurich. You can buy regular tickets for that.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4069 posts
expert
Jun 25, 2018 - 8:06 AM in reply to Arno

Oops! I even got one of those last year but had no need for it as I had an STP. Promptly forgot all about it.

Arno
Arno
11560 posts
expert &
Jun 25, 2018 - 8:45 AM in reply to rockoyster

It's hard to keep track of all the cards and passes, for me as well :-). Especially with the Swiss Travel Pass there is hardly a need for anything else unless you run out of pass days.

Sukhi
Sukhi
5 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 6:08 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you Arno for your quick reply. So now I know I cannot travel far with the visitor card.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018