Luzern Visitor Card – what”s included?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 3:26:14 #816877

Hi,

I find your website really helpful for my first visit to Switzerland. My family of 4 (kids 7 and 1.5 yrs) is planning to stay in switzerland for 8 days. I am planning to buy the swiss pass for 4 days with promotion 5 th day free. My plan is to go to below places

Day 1 – Milan to Montreux

Day 2 – Zermatt, Chillon castle

Day 3 – Golden pass train to Wengen

Day 4 – Top of Europe

Day 5 – Wengen to Luzern and Pilatus

Day 6 – Mount Rigi

Day 7 – Mount Titlis (still debating)

Day 8 – Luzern to Zurich and visit Rhine falls

Day 9 – departure from Zurich airport hotel airport transfer

My question is that if I use the swiss pass for 5 days that will help me cover a lot of area via train until I visit Pilatus. I am not sure whether we will be going to Mt Titlis. I know in Luzern area you get a free visitor card to travel in the area when you book the hotel. Will I be able to use the visitor card to go from Luzern to Zurich free of charge? also will I be able to use the visitor card to go from Luzern to Engelberge If I decide to go to Titlis and From Luzern to Rigi Kaltbad free of charge upto the cable car area?.

Would really appreciate your help as not much information available on the visitor card for Luzern.

Thank you

Sukhi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 June 2018 at 3:38:37 #889372

Hello Sukhi and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Where did you read about the “free visitor card” for the Luzern area.

I know that some hotels bundle a Winter Tell Pass with bookings but I’ve not heard of a free visitor pass.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 June 2018 at 6:41:54 #889373

Hi Sukhi,

I guess you found out about the Visitor Card here: http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/travel. If you click the link under “More on other websites” you’ll get all the details. The card only covers traveling within the city and adjacent villages, not all the way to Engelberg or Zurich. You can buy regular tickets for that.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 June 2018 at 8:06:53 #889374

Oops! I even got one of those last year but had no need for it as I had an STP. Promptly forgot all about it.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 June 2018 at 8:45:14 #889375

It’s hard to keep track of all the cards and passes, for me as well :-). Especially with the Swiss Travel Pass there is hardly a need for anything else unless you run out of pass days.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 18:08:24 #889376

Thank you Arno for your quick reply. So now I know I cannot travel far with the visitor card.

• The thread ‘Luzern Visitor Card – what”s included?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.