Luzern Visitors Card / Local Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2017 at 14:30:53 #811086

Hi, trying to figure out what the Luzern Visitors card works for travel. After reading some, my best guess is that it applies to all transportation within Zone 10, but not any boats. Yes? So, if I do not have any other pass, and I am going to Engelberg, I would ride free with the Visitors Card to Hergiswil, and then pay for the train trip from Hergiswil to Engelberg. Is this correct? Related question, is there a Luzern City ‘pass’ that includes more zones than just zone 10? I am aware of the Tell Pass, just wondering if there is a local option for day or week passes for the Luzern area transport. When I was looking at SBB for ticket prices, it gave me multiple choices that seemed to include an “all zone pass” and a “7 zone pass”. Other than the Tell Pass, is there a local pass that includes the boats? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2017 at 17:01:41 #860132

Hi Elbarcosr1,

It looks to me like there is only the zone 10 pass, the 7 zone or all zone day passes for the Lucerne area.
    So I would use the Visitors card to Hergiswil and then buy a ticket on to Engelberg – this is probably the cheapest option for you. Otherwise you could just buy the 7 zone pass and be set for the trip.

Regards,
    Lucas

Arno
    15481 posts
    16 March 2017 at 7:04:57 #860133

Just to be sure I wanted to mention you can buy the additional ticket in advance. No need to get off the train in Hergiswil.

• The thread ‘Luzern Visitors Card / Local Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.