Lyon to Tirano via Glacier Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
MYandell
MYandell
1 post
May 23, 2018 - 7:01 AM

Hi,

I have been planning a trip for myself and my wife in October. We are staying in Lyon and then had planned to travel to Zermatt (Sun 7th Oct) , stay overnight and then travel on the Glacier Express. After a night in St. Moritz then onwards via Tirano to Bologna.

In looking at this I wondered if you might suggest alternative itineraries. Coming from Australia we want to maximise our time and in particular see some of the mountains.

Regards,

Michael

rockoyster
rockoyster
3971 posts
expert
May 23, 2018 - 7:38 AM in reply to MYandell

G'day Michael and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

What you plan will work and you will certainly get to see some scenery along the way.

You will be spending a lot of time in trains but it is difficult to offer any better ideas for just 2 nights in Switzerland.

Lucas
Lucas
9206 posts
expert &
May 23, 2018 - 2:26 PM in reply to MYandell

Hi Michael,

There are too many options to list for trips into the mountains here. I think your idea of Zermatt and then the Glacier Express is a good one for a 2 day trip. From St. Moritz you can connect with the Bernina Express (if not the actual train then the same route) on to Tirano.

If you want to check out other outdoor activities that are popular in Switzerland click here:
https://www.myswissalp s.com/activities/natur alsites & use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out trips from Lyon and on to Tirano to see what works for you.

Last modified on May 29, 2018 - 9:58 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018