Majestic Round Trip to Mt.Rigi full/half day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2019 at 7:35:51 #819818

Hello, I plan to go to Mt.Rigi via Majestic/Classic Round trip from Lucerne and want to know that if it possible to be done in half day (like be back at Lucerne around 1-2 pm is fine) or only in full day. I can leave early in the morning if it helps to get back sooner. Another question is which one between Majestic/Classic Round trip should I take, I plan to travel with swiss pass so price doesn’t matter for me and do I have to book the tickets before? Thank you very much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2019 at 17:44:56 #903735

Hi!

Lovely area you plan on visiting!

It is technically possible to do the trip in half a day however it would leave you little time to enjoy the scenery specially if you want to have a look around, have lunch etc. so I wouldn’t recommend it but of course it’s up to you…

For the difference between the Majestic and Classic Round trips, have a look at our section on Rigi (scroll down to see it):

http://www.myswissalps.com/ri gi

This is indeed covered by the Swiss Travel Pass so no need to book in advance.

Hope this helps!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2019 at 1:03:27 #903736

Thank you very much Maria. Just another small question, where can I check the earliest time that I can start my majestic/classic round trip? To be specific it is 28th of april, thanks in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2019 at 1:39:45 #903737

I recommend the traditional circular tour using both the Rigi railways (Vitznau – Rigi = red livery), Arth Goldau – Rigi = blue livery

This can be done quite quickly (but with only 15 minutes at the top!) :

Luzern 08.20 to Arth Goldau, then up to Rigi Kulm, then down to Vitznau then boat to Luzern arr 11.41

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 February 2019 at 2:34:42 #903738

<<“where can I check the earliest time that I can start my majestic/classic round trip? To be specific it is 28th of april, thanks in advance.”>>

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Majestic Round Trip to Mt.Rigi full/half day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.