Mandatory to print Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2017 at 14:52:42 #812507

Hello,

I have swiss rail pass (8 day continuous) for my entire family and unfortunately I got the email after I started my travel and did not get a chance to print. I will reach Geneva on coming Friday and I am not able find a convenient place to print the pass, in the current location. So in this scenario my questions are the following:

1. Is it mandatory to print the pass or I can show the pdf file off my phone?

2. If it is mandatory, is there any place to print it at Geneva, at the train station (preferably) or near the station?

I am looking forward to receiving expert opinions. Thanks a lot – Shrini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 July 2017 at 15:53:44 #866219

Hi Shrinivas,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! As for your questions:

1. You will need a print. A PDF file on your phone is not a valid travel document unfortunately.

2. There business services at the airport like photocopying and internet access. I haven’t used it myself but I assume a print out should be possible as well. If not, just ask at the airport train station or any other service desk. Or if you stay in Geneva your hotel will for sure be able to print your pass.

http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopd efault.aspx/tabid-155/473_read-502/

http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopd efault.aspx/tabid-155/473_read-66688/

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 5:11:58 #866220

Many thanks for the prompt clarification Arno. Hope some thing will work out at Geneva.

• The thread ‘Mandatory to print Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.