Manned luggage facilities at Interlaken OST?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2014 at 1:36:19 #806346

Hi

Does anybody know if there are manned luggage facilities at Interlaken OST? I am not referring to lockers, but to counters manned by station staff where luggage can be stored for a few hours at a fee. Have come across such counters in other European train stations but I am not sure about Interlaken OST. I will be travelling from Zurich to Interlaken OST and planned to go off for a lake cruise for a couple of hours from Interlaken OST. After the cruise I can then collect my luggage from Interlaken OST before going up to my hotel in Wengen.

I am not sure that the lockers (even the large ones) can accomodate my luggage so a manned luggage counter will be a better option.

Appreciate if anyone can share tehir experience on this or can advise how I can check up on this. I have emailed SBB but they only told me about the lockers…

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    8 May 2014 at 9:31:40 #839879

Hi geniewho,

The largest lockers are 44.7 x 61.5 x 88 cm. There is a manned baggage desk as well. See sbb.ch for further details.

• The thread ‘Manned luggage facilities at Interlaken OST?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.