Männlichen – Kleine Scheidegg trail opening?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ina
Ina
24 posts
May 30, 2018 - 6:24 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas ! Puts my mind at ease :) !!

wengenjames
wengenjames
7 posts
Jun 2, 2018 - 9:11 AM

Hi all,

Having just come down off the Männlichen this morning I can confirm that the Panoramaweg from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg is still closed but will be open in “around 10 days”.

Will update again once it’s open.

By the way, the Gemsenweg from Wengen up to Männlichen is open and fully clear of snow and in good condition.

James

Lucas
Lucas
9206 posts
expert &
Jun 2, 2018 - 9:13 AM in reply to wengenjames

Thanks for the update James!

Ina
Ina
24 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 2:51 AM

James, Lucas - Thanks ! We will be able to still make it if it does open in the next 10 days !

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 4:42 AM in reply to wengenjames

Hi James,

>> Having just come down off the Männlichen this morning

Tell us about the new cable car! Did you get to ride on the balcony?

Alpenrose

wengenjames
wengenjames
7 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 6:05 AM in reply to Removed user

The new cable cars are great. Much quieter and smoother than the older ones and now each has a balcony on which 10 persons can ride up or down. The balcony ride carries a chf5 supplement per person, payable at the ticket desk. Out on the balcony, you enjoy a totally different experience and it’s well worth the extra charge. I have done it twice already and also taken a group of clients up there, all of whom loved the balcony experience too.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 6:38 AM in reply to wengenjames

>> The balcony ride carries a chf5 supplement per person, payable at the ticket desk.

Interesting - thanks for that extra info. I assume that is a way of limiting numbers on the balcony, and keeping things orderly in terms of who gets to ride up there. Otherwise I imagine there could be a bit of pushing and shoving :-D

>> Out on the balcony, you enjoy a totally different experience and it’s well worth the extra charge. I have done it twice already and also taken a group of clients up there, all of whom loved the balcony experience too.

Sounds great! I hope I will get to try it some time.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jun 3, 2018 - 6:38 AM by Removed user
Impactedmind
Impactedmind
33 posts
Jun 10, 2018 - 6:39 AM

Hi can anyone confirm is the trail open as of 10 June ... we will be there on the 17th so was wondering if we could make that hike

thanks a lot

Rosinbloom
Rosinbloom
16 posts
Jun 11, 2018 - 1:25 AM in reply to Impactedmind

still closed according to www.maennlichen.ch/en/

maniimjach
maniimjach
17 posts
Jun 11, 2018 - 1:52 PM in reply to kim11

Hi Kim, I will be in Wengen later in July. Perhaps Allmendhubel lift will be open - any afternoon easy scenic hikes would you recommend.

kim11
kim11
430 posts
top member
Jun 11, 2018 - 2:53 PM in reply to maniimjach

Allmendhubel lift is scheduled to open 14 June.

The Flower Trail is a lovely and easy walk. See www.interlaken.ch/en/a ctivities-excursions-adventure-festivals/a-world-of-fun-winter-activities/experience-allmendhubel-muerren.html

Lucas
Lucas
9206 posts
expert &
Jun 18, 2018 - 5:44 PM

Trail is now open. :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018