Hi, suddenly I have lots of questions when the day to visit Switzerland gets nearer! I hope the folks here can help :
1. How to reserve (reservation only) the Glacier Express from Chur to Zermatt ? I visit the website, as of now(2 Jul), it does not allow reservation for 1-Aug ? (But it says able to book 1 month before)
2. I will buy a Swiss Pass upon arrival, can I reserve without the a valid Swiss Pass at this point ?
3. The credit card payment is online or when I collect the reservation documents ?
4. There appear to have 2 rhb sites for reservation https://www.rhb.ch/Reservation-Glacier-Express.932.0.html?&L=4
Which one can I use for seat reservation only ? (The www.rhb.ch
site needs alot of travellers information). As I did not follow thru, please advice me: can choose seat on the train ?
5. Is it critical to reserve the GE for 1 month before my ride ? Can I reserve sucessfully 3/4 days before my ride ?
6. At some point I will be staying in Andermatt, near the train station. How can I visit the Teufelsbrücke ? What is the best approach ?
7. How can I reserve the Yellow Postal bus - Romantic route express (to Grindelwald) before arrival ? If possible, let me know where are the stops/restpoints if any ? I am concern where can I get lunch.
8. And also the Bernina Express bus 5950 to Tirano ?
9. Any recommendations where to get cheap TGV tickets to Paris ? Need I book 1 month before. What is the chances of grabbing those cheap tickets 10 days before, that is when I arrived and buy it immdiately at Swiss airport ?
10. Travelling in a group of 4 adults, how to reserve the family 'cell' in the TGV ?
Many questions here. I realised I have not prepared myself enough yet. Please help.