Many thanks to the MySwissAlps community

Many thanks to the MySwissAlps community

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Mar 6, 2018 - 12:04 PM

Thanks to the many moderators here who answered my questions patiently and promptly, my family just completed our 1 wk Switzerland trip without a hitch. It was as if we knew what to do and what to expect-- all thanks to everyone here (Rockoyster, Chantal, Lucas, Alpenrose666, SlowPoke-- forgive me if I leave out anyone.) My husband was impressed at the info I have gathered and I couldn't stop praising this Community. For instance in Wengen, we followed the walking route to the Church for the view as Alpenrose666 recommended. It was indeed beautiful.

We were blessed with clear weather up in Schilthorn, Gornergrat (we saw the full Matterhorn for a solid 1 hr before it went behind the clouds) & at Mt Titlis (again, we enjoyed the perfect panorama of the mountains for a really long time before clouds came over them). We hopped on and off many trains with big pieces of luggage with no problem too. Once again, thanks for all the help!

Last modified on Mar 6, 2018 - 1:16 PM by Chantal
Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 6, 2018 - 1:18 PM in reply to Uallin

That's wonderful to hear Uallin, and thanks for sharing. I hope you and your family will come back one day. You know where to find us.

Lucas
Lucas
8912 posts
expert &
Mar 7, 2018 - 7:25 AM in reply to Uallin

Great to hear Uallin!

Were you here the last week for the little cold blast we got?

All the best

Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Mar 7, 2018 - 7:41 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Yes indeed! It was -12 to -16 deg when we were in Jungfrau and Zermatt! But our layers kept us very warm. Only our hands were cold as we couldn't stop taking photos of the beautiful scenery. Chemical heat pads helped a lot to warm them. Oh a tip.. I used the heat pads to keep my mobile phone warm to keep the battery from draining. My family members didn't do that and their fully charged batteries drained in an hour or less in the cold. But we got to enjoy warmer temperatures -2 deg to 7deg in the last few days of our trip. Even snowing in Zurich :-) So I guess we experienced it all!

Lucas
Lucas
8912 posts
expert &
Mar 7, 2018 - 7:46 AM in reply to Uallin

Oh you got the snow here in Zurich? Nice. I was happy about it finally (the most snow we've had in 3 years!)

Awesome tip on the chemical heat pads.....I'll remember that for my DSLR. We were in the Blausee about 10 days ago and the battery drained quick!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3924 posts
expert
Mar 7, 2018 - 8:02 PM in reply to Uallin

Very glad to hear you had a great trip and the skies were clear when it mattered.. 😎

Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Mar 8, 2018 - 4:50 AM

Yes Lucas. It was snowing last Friday afternoon when we were roaming in the Niederdorfstrasse area and it was simply charming. Coming from a tropical country, having such a snowfall was quite an experience especially for our sons. 😁

sanjeev
sanjeev
14 posts
Mar 8, 2018 - 10:58 AM

This is one the best forums and I read regularly.

"For instance in Wengen, we followed the walking route to the Church for the view as Alpenrose666 recommended. It was indeed beautiful."

Can I have the link, so that I too can plan it.

Many thanks.

Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Mar 8, 2018 - 11:32 AM in reply to sanjeev
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 10, 2018 - 6:14 AM in reply to Uallin

Hi Uallin,

Glad your trip went so well, and that you had such good luck with the weather!

Pleased to hear you found the Wengen lookout and enjoyed the view too!

It's very kind of you to express your appreciation to the MySwissAlps moderators and other contributors :-)

Alpenrose

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018