4 day itinerary Zurich and Adelboden in March

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 December 2017 at 11:01:38 #813868

Hello Guys!

First of all let me say how happy I am to have found this page! And thanks a mill for taking the time to help plan our trips, already gives me a pretty great idea on how Switzerland will be awesome!

I’m planning a baby moon trip with my husband in March, I’d be 5 months along so it’s the perfect time to travel. I have to be honest though, it’s a beautiful country and I’m not sure where to start and 4 days is not a very long time. I’ve done a little research and came up with this:

– Day 1: Arrive to Zurich from London, take the train to Adelboden, check into The Cambrian (fell in love with this hotel! It’s relatively very well priced as well)

– Day 2: Spend the day at Adelboden – anything specific to do? We cannot ski however we’ll just be happy with the scenery

Day 3: Leave Adelboden towards Interlaken where we want to visit HarderKulm and continue towards Lucerne where we’ll stay for a night or two

Day 4 (or 5): Head back to Zurich to catch a flight back to London

It’s a very simple plan, if you have any recommendation whatsoever we’re very open to making changes!

Thanks again and happy holidays!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 December 2017 at 16:55:18 #873205

Hi Saraf88 , and welcome to MySwiss Alps,

I don’t know The Cambrian Hotel, but it looks like a lovely place. In Adelboden there are several cable cars to viewing points, such as Sillerenbühl/Hahnenmoos and the beautiful alpine plateau of Engstligenalp. You’ll find further relevant information at the Adelboden Tourism website.

Should you need some ideas for your stay in Lucerne, please visit this page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2017 at 1:36:05 #873206

Hi Sara,

>> I’m planning a baby moon trip with my husband in March … – Day 1: Arrive to Zurich from London, take the train to Adelboden, check into The Cambodian (fell in love with this hotel! It’s relatively very well priced as well)

You can get the train as far as Frutigen, and after that you continue for about half-an-hour on Bus 230 to the stop called “Adelboden, Post”.

>> Day 3: Leave Adelboden towards Interlaken where we want to visit HarderKulm

Unfortunately the Harder Kulm funicular closes during the winter, and doesn’t reopen until 14 April.

Instead, you could consider going up to Wengen for an hour or two, where you will get wonderful views of the Lauterbrunnen Valley and surrounding mountains if the weather is clear. I have attached a map showing how to get to the Wengen lookout, and a photo showing what you can see from there. You could leave your luggage in lockers at Interlaken Ost station.

>> and continue towards Lucerne where we’ll stay for a night or two

The gondola to Titlis and all modes of transport to the Rigi will be operational in March.

The cogwheel train from Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm will not be operating, but you can go up and back via the cableway from Kriens.

The new funicular, from Schwyz to Stoos, will also be operating. It is the steepest in the world, with a gradient of 110%.

Boats on the Vierwaldstättersee (Lake Lucerne) will be operating to a winter timetable, which you can consult via the following link. Be sure to read the explanation of symbols.

http://www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ timetable-fares/timetable/

The funicular and cable car to the Stanserhorn is closed for the winter and doesn’t reopen until 14 April.

You can plan your trips using the Swiss Timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘4 day itinerary Zurich and Adelboden in March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.