Martigny to Lac d”Emosson with Swiss Travel Pass

• LILOANDER
    Participant
    2 posts
    29 August 2018 at 3:28:21 #818140

Is this trip included on the Swiss Travel Pass or do I need to buy tickets? If so, can I buy them in Vevey since that’s where I am starting from?

Is the trip complicated? (I will have some luggage)

Thank you for info.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 August 2018 at 9:46:57 #895259

Hi Liloander and welcome to MySwissAlps,

The train from Vevey to Le Châtelard is free, so no tickets needed. There is no discount on the trip up to the lake. You can buy those tickets on the spot, I don’t think they are available in Vevey, but you can check that at the station. You’ll find the Swiss Travel Pass validity map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

I would not take luggage up to the lake, other than a small day backback or so. It is a wonderful trip, but 3 changes along the way and the last funicular does not have much space for luggage as I recall it.

verticalp-emosson.ch

LILOANDER
    Participant
    2 posts
    30 August 2018 at 0:01:02 #895260

Thank you very much – most helpful. Do you know if there are lockers at the station in Martigny?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2018 at 5:57:56 #895261

Hi Liloander ,

There is a left luggage office and lockers at Martigny yes.

You can find those details for Swiss train station through a link to SBB’s website on our luggage page here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Rail station services and opening hours (link under more on other websites).

• The thread ‘Martigny to Lac d”Emosson with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.