Viator Matterhorn Glacier Paradise entrance ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2018 at 5:25:28 #818857

Hi,

I would like to enquire more about the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise Entrance Ticket via Viator. It says there that the duration is 3h 30mins, is this the duration of the entire trip from Zermatt or is that the amount of time we are given at the Matterhorn Glacier? Can I also check that this is a round trip i.e. we get a return train ticket from the Matterhorn glacier? And are we free to spend any amount of time we would like up at the Matterhorn Glacier, and then catch a train back to Zermatt?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 November 2018 at 6:24:01 #898643

Hi Frankiestein,

You can take the whole day if you want. The 3:30 hours is just an estimate by Viator of the entire trip from Zermatt and back. The trip is by cable car, not by train. The return trip is included, as well as buses in town if you need them.

Be sure to stop at the intermediate stops as well, like Trockener Steg.

More details are here: https://www.viator.com /tours/Zermatt/Matterh orn-Glacier-Paradise-Entrance-Ticket/d5014-45870P1.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 November 2018 at 7:45:03 #898644

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the info. I am travelling in a group of 4 and intend to purchase these tickets online which are at a standard price. However 1 person in my group has a Swiss travel pass which entitles her to certain discounts. So how should I purchase the tickets then?

Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2018 at 10:14:53 #898645

Yes, we don’t have a link online for that ticket with the Swiss Travel Pass discount. That individual could buy their ticket on the spot without trouble though.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2018 at 12:03:32 #898646

Hi ok thanks Lucas!

And do you know if the tickets purchased on the spot would also have special offers such as offered in this matterhorn paradise ticket which includes free snowtubing, cinema lounge etc. Will these packages by available if purchased there locally?

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 November 2018 at 12:30:53 #898647

Hi Frankiestein,

As far as I know a ticket purchased locally includes exactly the same. If not then extras can be purchased on the spot.

• The thread ‘Viator Matterhorn Glacier Paradise entrance ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.