Matterhorn Glacier Paradise/Gornergrat with kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2018 at 17:35:57 #816605

Hello

I am travelling with my family of five: kids 6,4 and 2 Years in July to Zermatt. I was planning on renting snow gear to visit MGP since kids want to play in the snow. I contacted a snow gear rental place regarding rentick snow jacket and pants. They told me that the cable car to go up to Matterhorn will not allow children below the age of 3yrs. Is this true?

thanks !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2018 at 2:07:39 #888135

Hi Gayathrimuru,

The cableway operator recommends that children under 3 years old should not be taken beyond Trockener Steg (probably because of the altitude).

However, if you decide to take your youngest child all the way, I don’t think they will actually prevent you from boarding.

This is what it says on their website:

It is important to note that children under 3 years should not be taken on the route from Trockener Steg to Matterhorn glacier paradise. ZBAG accepts no liability.

http://www.matterhornparadise .ch/en/service/rates-and-transport-conditions

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Matterhorn Glacier Paradise/Gornergrat with kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.