Matterhorn or Jungfraujoch? Only have time for one

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2017 at 14:46:30 #813202

I was told not to miss Matterhorn in Zermatt and Jungfraujoch in Wengen. Due to time constraint, I may have to chose one. Which will be the ‘must not’ missed.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2017 at 19:24:52 #869550

Hi there,

Go for jungfraujoch. When you return back, you will carry a memory for a lifetime with you. It’s an out of this world experience to visit jungfrou.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2017 at 22:19:24 #869551

Thanks!

Can you also advise me on Golden Pass Line and Bernina Express. Was considering to take Bernina to Tirano then enroute to Rome. It will be a long day of train rides. Is it worth doing it since we will be experiencing scenic train from Lucerne to Interlaken.

Appreciate you could help clear me out in this!

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 September 2017 at 7:55:31 #869552

The Bernina Express is definitely worth it and very different from the Golden Pass line from Lucerne to Interlaken. Another option is the Gotthard Panorama Express. Many details about all the scenic trains can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/scenictrips/t rain.

• The thread ‘Matterhorn or Jungfraujoch? Only have time for one’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.