Matterhorn view from hotel room in Zermatt?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
MarilynHayes
MarilynHayes
4 posts
Aug 9, 2018 - 6:39 PM

Hello. When I went to Zermatt in 2011, we stayed at La Couronne and had an absolutely fabulous view of the Matterhorn from our balcony. We are returning next month to Zermatt and I’ve contacted that hotel to see if we can get a room with a comparable view but have not received a reply. Since that hotel is not one of the more highly rated, I am open to other recommendations in the $200-$250/ night range for a three night stay from Sept 14-17. Thank you!

moorjani
moorjani
23 posts
Aug 9, 2018 - 9:13 PM in reply to MarilynHayes

This is the view from our room 214

hotel butterfly

for 2 nights my cost was about $560.00

Please login to see the attached documents
MarilynHayes
MarilynHayes
4 posts
Aug 10, 2018 - 12:01 AM in reply to moorjani

Thank you for the visual...it sure helps.

paddington
paddington
272 posts
top member
Aug 10, 2018 - 4:02 AM in reply to MarilynHayes
Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Aug 10, 2018 - 5:34 AM in reply to MarilynHayes

Hi MarilynHayes and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We have a list of recommended Zermatt hotels on our Zermatt page here: www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt/hotels
We don't list Matterhorn views but it will give you a good idea on prices and location (and some images).

lee jijiji
lee jijiji
8 posts
Aug 19, 2018 - 9:18 AM

My stay on 8 Aug 2018 night with great view of both Matterhorn and Gornergart trains in front of the balcony. Of course with a great moment for sunrise Matterhorn.

Danielsan
Danielsan
124 posts
Aug 20, 2018 - 1:18 AM in reply to MarilynHayes

Hi Marilynhayes. I booked a hotel with a view of the Matterhorn and a balcony, in the Hotel Welschen, but I did so many months ago for travel in September. I don't know if rooms with the Matterhorn view would already be booked by now, but I can only imagine so. Give it a try. Good luck, hope all works out for your stay. Their prices were slightly lower than your range, just under 200 per night, and the ratings were/.are 9.4 and the location 9.5. It looks to be about a 10 min walk (if even) from the train station. I have not been to Zermatt yet, (since 1975) but it appears to be located in the beginning of the village (the northern part?) I believe it is a three star hotel. Breakfast included. Again, good luck and enjoy your trip.

Danielsan

Last modified on Aug 20, 2018 - 6:16 AM by Lucas

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019