Matterhorn Glacier Paradise: open on 29th April?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2018 at 19:59:35 #815345

I am travelling to family on 29th April to Zermatt , It is mentioned in the website that on 30th April onwards Mattern Glacier Paradise is closed for one week for maintaince . When try to book for it , dates are not available on 17th April onwards … Please any one help me to know whether it is open on 29th April.

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 April 2018 at 22:46:27 #882332

According to http://www.zermatt.ch/en/Medi a/Tickets/Matterhorn-glacier-paradise-Ticket it is closed 30 April, reopening 12 May.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 1:18:11 #882333

>> I am travelling to family on 29th April to Zermatt … When try to book for it , dates are not available on 17th April onwards … Please any one help me to know whether it is open on 29th April.

Yes, it is open on 29 April, and when I tried, bookings were available for that date.

But it is not a good idea to book so far in advance. If the weather is poor and/or the peaks are in the clouds, you will have wasted your money.

All you need to do is get your ticket on the day. That’s the usual way of doing things when travelling to the peaks.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 6:48:22 #882334

Hi mvachagan,

It is open. I’ve checked with them. The maintenance works are from 2 May, reopening 12 May. Not sure why there’s different communication on their website.

• The thread ‘Matterhorn Glacier Paradise: open on 29th April?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.