Maximizing 2 days in Interlaken, mid-September

• HelloSwiss
    Participant
    12 posts
    17 July 2022 at 16:49:03 #827794

Hello Friends,

I will be staying close to Interlaken Ost station for 2 nights in Mid September 2022 and holding half fare travel card.

I am trying to maximize my time and wish to visit the following places:

1) Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe

2) Visit to Lauterbrunnen + Trümmelbach Falls + Murren + Wengen

3) Mannlichen hike – Panorama Trail

4) Grindelwald first/First cliff walk (hike First – Bachalpsee lake)

Am i able to effectively combine the above into 1-2days?

Appreciate your kind suggestion! 🙂

Probably i would have to miss out on Schilthorn (unless i replace it with Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe

Thanks,

Jerry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 July 2022 at 18:07:11 #944408

Hi Jerry,

If you plan carefully and leave early each morning, there’s a lot from your list you can see and do in 2 days. There are many ways to combine the activities. Below is just an example.

Day 1:

Day 2:

You can plan each segment with the aid of the Swiss timetable: https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable.

This 1-day itinerary in the Jungfrau region provides another example of combining many activities in a short time span: http://www.myswissalps.com/onedayjungfrauregion.

I hope this gets you started.

HelloSwiss
    Participant
    12 posts
    24 July 2022 at 19:40:33 #944409

Dear Arno,

Thank you for your reply. Looks good! I have some further questions:

Day 1 – Can i know if the travelling cost to Trümmelbach Falls is actually covered by the Jungfraujoch Round trip tickets?

Also, what time do i need to depart from Jungfraujoch so i can make it for Trümmelbach Falls?

Day 2- Assuming if i set off from Interlaken Ost Station at 2pm in the afternoon, is the below travel plans doable?

1) Visit Lauterbrunnen/ Wengen

2) Hike Männlichen to KS

3) Travel back to Interlaken Ost

Question#3) I realized I only have 1.5 days instead of 2 days in Interlaken as i am travelling from Lucerne so half day is gone.

So i think i need to choose over these 2 trips below. Can you advise which one are more scenic and magnificent? As i would probably need to forgo one if i choose another (let me know if i can combine them together)

1) Männlichen Hike to KS

2) Grindelwald FIRST & Hike to Bachalpsee Lake

Anna
    6362 posts
    25 July 2022 at 3:19:18 #944410

Hi Jerry,

1. A return ticket from Interlaken – Jungfraujoch will allow you to break your journey in Lauterbrunnen. But you will need to arrange a ticket for the bus between Lauterbrunnen to Trummelbach Falls (or you can hike on this trail: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking/lauterbrunnen-stechelberg). Try to allocate the morning for Jungfraujoch and the rest of the afternoon to explore Lauterbrunnen.

2. Yes, you will have time for this excursion. But I would start with the hike from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg, followed by visits to Wengen and Lauterbrunnen.

3. I think the Männlichen hike fits your plan much better.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Maximizing 2 days in Interlaken, mid-September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.