High speed train from Zermatt to Geneva?

High speed train from Zermatt to Geneva?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
miriamrodrig
miriamrodrig
2 posts
Mar 2, 2018 - 12:51 AM

what is the name of the high speed train from Zermatt to Geneva? We are planning 14 days, what train ticket do I buy? What to included Glacier Express, Bernia, etc.

Thankyou for the help

Miriam

rockoyster
rockoyster
3914 posts
expert
Mar 2, 2018 - 2:13 AM in reply to miriamrodrig

Hello Miriam and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

There is no high-speed train between Zermatt and Geneva.

You can read about the scenic trains you mentioned as follows:

Bernina Express (www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress)

Glacier Express (www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress) is also known as the world's slowest express train.

You can use the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel. If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

Last modified on Mar 2, 2018 - 2:14 AM by rockoyster
pvonk
pvonk
56 posts
Mar 2, 2018 - 2:25 AM

I’ve been on the “high speed” train from Paris to Geneva, but I didn’t know there was one in Switzerland.. ;-).

At what city are you arriving and which are you leaving from? What kinds of attractions do you want to experience? Lakes, mountains, small villages or well known cities like Geneva or Lucerne? Hiking, boating, food? Will you be staying in a few base locations and travel around each or do you want to spend a night or two in many places, traveling often? How many in your party? Small children and/or older adults?

miriamrodrig
miriamrodrig
2 posts
Mar 2, 2018 - 5:07 PM in reply to miriamrodrig

Thank you, appreciate it.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018