May 2019, Switzerland, Chamonix and Annecy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2018 at 19:05:50 #818748

In May 2019, my husband and I are traveling to Switzerland and Chamonix and Annecy. There may be 2 other couples going with us. We are all in mid-60’s to low 70’s so easy walking/hiking in no problem but no difficult hiking. My “in process” itinerary and questions are as follows:

Day 1, May 13, Fly to Venice

Day 2-3, May 14-15, Nights in Venice

Day 4, May 16, Train to Lugano, Night Lugano

Day 5, May 17, Gotthard Panorama Express to Lucerne, Night Lucerne

Day 6, May 18, Mount Pilatus, Night Lucerne

Day 7, May 19, train to Engelberg/store luggage, Mount Titlis, train to Lauterbrunnen or Wengen, Night Lauterbrunnen or Wengen

Day 8, May 20, Mount Schilthorn or Jungfrau (*), Night Lauterbrunnen or Wengen

Day 9, May 21, Mount Schilthorn or Jungfrau (*), Night Lauterbrunnen or Wengen

Day 10, May 22, Interlaken and Harder Kulm, Night Lauterbrunnen or Wengen

Day 11, May 23, Train to Montreux, night Montreux

Day 12, May 24, Train to Chamonix, Aiguille du Midi or Montenvers Train and Mer de Glace or trip to Annecy (*), Night Chamonix

Day 13, May 25, Aiguille du Midi or Montenvers Train and Mer de Glace or day trip Annecy (*), Night Chamonix

Day 14, May 26, Aiguille du Midi or Montenvers Train and Mer de Glace or day trip Annecy (*), Night Chamonix

Day 15, May 27, Train to Zermatt, Night Zermatt

Day 16, May 28, Night Zermatt

Day 17, May 29, Night Zermatt

Day 18, May 30, Train to airport

(*) weather dependent

Questions:

1. Please feel free to make any suggestions.

2. I know there is always discussion on this – Lauterbrunnun or Wengen? Hotel suggestions?

3. Currently, I have only 1 night in Montreux and 3 nights in Zermatt. Would the wiser option be 2 nights in Montreux and 2 nights in Zermatt? I am concerned about the weather in Zermatt but what is there with an extra day?

• The thread ‘May 2019, Switzerland, Chamonix and Annecy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.