May 3 to 13 hiking recommendations

May 3 to 13 hiking recommendations

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
chander2nyc
chander2nyc
1 post
Jan 16, 2017 - 11:11 PM

Hello!

My wife and I will be visiting Switzerland from 3 May to 13 May and were hoping to get some recommendations for good day hiking options. In researching I see that some areas are likely still not open at that time, but we aren't finding much information about what areas might be.

We are experienced day hikers and capable of moderate to strenuous hikes of up to 5 miles per day (maybe more if we have some rest time afterwards).

Thank you!

Chris

Balan214
Balan214
17 posts
Jan 17, 2017 - 2:54 AM

Check out wanderland.ch it has a great wealth of information specifically on hiking in Switzerland.

Lucas
Lucas
3076 posts
expert &
Jan 17, 2017 - 8:26 AM in reply to chander2nyc

Hi Chris and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You are indeed correct that a lot of alpine hiking trails will still be closed in early May - all are weather dependent at the time.

Take a look at our hiking information page for further details and route options.

Regards,
Lucas

Arno
Arno
9569 posts
expert &
Jan 17, 2017 - 6:03 PM in reply to chander2nyc

Hi Chris,

You best have a look at trails below 2000 m. Those should be accessible around that time. But no guarantees. Last spring happened to be cold, and back then it was more like 1500 m. Still plenty of options left though.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017